Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit will not sync with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I was recently gifted a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have been having trouble connecting it to Strava. I see GPS-tracked runs in my Fitbit dashboard. Strava says it's connected to Fitbit, but the runs never come over from FB to Strava. These were runs that were only tracked in FB, so there's no duplicate issue in Strava. 

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the FB-Strava connection a few times. Still not working. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Yep, absolutely - I am experiencing the same issue with my Versa 2 today, exactly the same as you say. Very frustrating. Was advised by Fitbit to contact Strava, and by Strava to contact Fitbit. I can link my Fitbit account to my Strava account fine via Strava, but according to Fitbit there is no link - I believe Fitbit is the one at fault as I am unable to find the settings for the Strava app on my Fitbit app - they have disappeared.

Best Answer

Are the runs tracked with GPS? Only GPS tracked runs are transferred to Strava

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, GPS tracked by my phone. I can see the running routes in my FB dashboard

Best Answer

I've been chatting to Fitbit support today via Twitter, and from what I can tell, the Strava app is no longer being supported by Fitbit - we have to use Strava via our phones.

I went on to complain that I received no notification that it was no longer going to be supported, and when and why it was going to be pulled - fitbit customer service truly is awful.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 17.30.15.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that stinks. What a bummer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What Fitbit Support is (confusingly, IMHO) saying is that the Strava app on Fitbit OS devices (Ionic, Versa, Sensa) is no longer available (and by the way it was never designed to record the session, rather to view it).However it is definitely possible to use the Exercise app in your Fitbit device (even tracker) and have it synced to Strava (you don't need to track your app with your Strava app on your phone).

I just linked my Fitbit account and my Strava account and did a very short testing session. As you can see the activity was synced as expected.

Screenshot_20220622-130848.pngScreenshot_20220622-130919.png

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes