Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. 

I have recently bought a Fitbit Flex 2. 

I know there are plenty of people who have raised the issue with cycling as an activity (it auto recognises, and the activity adds +0 steps but the steps still register on the dashboard) 

I know there is a "fix" to log the activity as driving but this doesn't suit me as the driving activity also negates the active minutes. Also, I'm not a fan of this solution as it seems unnecessarily time consuming and fiddly. 

Anyway, as I use strava for all my cycling and realising that Fitbit and strava link this seems to be a viable solution as I can tell my Fitbit not to auto recognise cycling and let my strava sync the cycling record instead which will add to my active minutes, calories and count towards my activity goals but will not record any steps and won't require any extra effort from me. 

Problem is, I can't get the Fitbit to sync. I have followed ALL of the troubleshooting which includes resetting the Fitbit, revoking the access and connecting again, reinstalling the apps.. 

The only thing that worked momentarily isn't that i noticed my Fitbit app needed an update, once I updated it the strava activities (dummy ones I'd created for test purposes) had appeared as if by magic. 

I then tried to test it again and it stopped working. So I followed all the troubleshooting again and still no further forward. 

Please can someone advise? This is driving me up the wall and if I can't come to a solution I'll be returning my Fitbit as it doesn't meet my requirements which is a shame because I'm happy with all other aspects and can cope with the strava link for a fix to my cycling steps problem, if it'd only just work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Bridges take a look at this post https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Third-Party-Apps-Informational-Post/m-p/144...

One thing I noticed is that manually entered exercises in Strata will not be transferred to Fitbit. Only the exercises recorded by the app will sync o Fitbit. 

I've moved your Strava related question to the proper forum this should make it easier to receive a reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, manual entries appear to work as I had had created some dummy entries and when I updated my Fitbit app the manual entry had synced. 

The whole process is just a bit unreliable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The syncing from Strava to Fitbit is completely unreliable - doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes