Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't connect to Virgin Health Miles

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My family's 1st fitbit synced and connected OK with Virgin Health Miles about 6 months ago and going strong.  Recently bought a 2nd fitbit (zip) for myself and it synces OK with fitbit website, but Virgin Health Miles can't pull the data (connection problem or credentials).  According to Virgin Healthmiles IT, the problem is with the fitbit website.  Not sure why I can't connect the new fitbit to Virgin Healthmiles.

thanks.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oooooohhhhh! I just kept clicking on the Log In screen and it FINALLY let me in. Now it's syncing all my steps from today. I must have clicked it 50+ times over the past hour and finally success. I guess it's just keep trying until it works!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

@Pete_puzzle Welcome to the Fitbit Community my friend! It's weird that your Fitbit data is not being retrieved by Virgin Health. I recommend revoking access from your Fitbit Dashboard and then re-link both accounts. After this, the issue should be sorted out.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Solution:  To fix virgin health miles connection, I had to login to member.virgin.pulse.com instead of the old website.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

@Pete_puzzle That's a great workaround my friend! Thanks for sharing your solution since this will be helpful for other users that might experience this problem in the future.

I'd like to invite you to visit our "Discussions" board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend and have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having problems with syncing my Fitbit One as well. I tried using members.virginpulse.com and it's a little better but not much. Now when I try to connect to my fitbit account, sometimes I get a fitbit login screen but when I click "login", it refreshes the login screen but I get the message "You have logged out successfully." on top of the screen. If I click "Log In" on the top right, then I can log into my fitbit account but Virgin Health Miles still doesn't show up as one of my applications. Any ideas? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oooooohhhhh! I just kept clicking on the Log In screen and it FINALLY let me in. Now it's syncing all my steps from today. I must have clicked it 50+ times over the past hour and finally success. I guess it's just keep trying until it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PPuggle Welcome and thanks for joining us to the Community! It's weird that the app didn't let you to log in. However, I'm glad to hear that you figured this issue out.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Hey, I'm having a similar issue. When I click on the link on the Virgin website and log into Fitbit, it logs me out. I've tried doing it already logged I to Fitbit but it still just logs me out. Could this be related to not verifying my account? I haven't received the email yet (checked all folders, my email was typed in properly), but my wife received hers already despite setting up her fitbit after mine.

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was exactly what happened with me. I kept getting this message saying I was suscessfully logged out. What ultimately worked for me was to stay on that fitbit login screen and just keep clicking "login". I must have clicked it repeatedly over 20 times and one time, it just happened to be successful. I spoke to someone at Virgin Health customer service before I found this forum and they were completely unhelpful. She told me that there seems to be a problem on the fitbit site where only a few servers were capable of connecting with Virgin Health. You have to use that members.virginpulse.com site but just keep trying until you get lucky and get one of those servers. She told me to just keep trying for another 24 hours and then to call back if I was still unsuccessful.

The good thing is that you only have to set up the link once. I just logged in on the Virgin Health site and all my steps the past few days have been transferred correctly.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just had this same issue with a fitbit I have had for a long time. My steps were showing on the fitbit app, but would not load into virgin pulse. After closing and opening apps, Bluetooth, etc, none of which worked, I went to the virgin pulse member sign in, chose Activity, then Fitness Tracking Devices, under Fitbit it showed connected, but I disconnected and reconnected and it started loading my steps again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue.  I'm trying to connect my fitbit account to Virgin Pulse for the first time and I am receiving a 403 error.  Anyone have that issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new Fitbit Zip and enabled it 3 days ago.  I am getting a similar if not the same 403 error when I try to connect the device in Virgin Pulse... "Device connection error. We could not pair your account. Detail: HTTP 403 Forbidden."  From Fitbit perspective I can revoke access, and have multiple times, however, the Fitbit steps do not successfully update in Virgin Pulse.  

Have called Virgin Pulse who says that others have reported the issue and it is a server issue on Fitibit side.  And have called Fitbit who says there are no reports of issues and it is with the 3rd party application.  

Issue is not solved. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed my issue from the information at the following link:

https://virginpulse.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205491366-How-do-I-connect-to-Fitbit-

The key is in the note below.  One must have all the options selected for the sync to work. 

"Note*: All data options must be selected in order to be able to connect to Fitbit. If you do not have all data options selected, you will receive an error message upon attempting to connect. Virgin Pulse will only save and store your activity and sleep data".

I had been unclicking some of these options.  After keeping them all clicked, the sync worked as expected.   🙂

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@peprmintpatty Welcome aboard in the Community! I'm so glad to hear that you were also able to resolve this issue. Thanks for sharing your workaround. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can create new topics, share your experiences and meet people.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having that issue and have not found a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

AHA!! Thank you - gosh I was going nuts trying to figure this out

- Must have all options selected to share for it to connect

Best Answer

@csaxon Thanks for joining us in this thread! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Thanks for keeping the update here.

I would like to know if you have heard about the Discussions board. In this board you'll be able to participate in the different topics and you can also create topics and tell your experiences with your active life.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes