Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I'm aware that this topic has been raised and solved a few times. But I can't tell if it currently occurex again, or is still not solved properly. 

Fitbit won't sync with Strava. I use the Ionic and can see all activities tracked with Strava on the Ionic. But the activity tracked today on the Ionic won't show up in Strava. I tried all of this:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to http://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

But it didn't help. First I received the already known "internal server error 500",until I allowed everything to be synced with Strava (not only GPS, and stuff, but also weight and profile and so on) - so after I allowed everything to be synced, the error didn't show up anymore, but sync still does not work. 

Any ideas what I can try in addition? Or needs this just to be patched and bug fixed on site of Strava and/or Fitbit? 

Thanks in advance + best

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @wwxd80, nice to have you in the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! I was reading you are experiencing troubles to see your GPS exercise tracked with your Ionic on your Strava account. You did great in trying the recommended troubleshooting steps for this type issues.

I'm wondering if your exercise recorded whit your Fitbit tracker, included GPS information? Also Let me know if the issue keep persisting?

As you know, exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are not currently sent to Strava.

So, it is important to review if your exercise included GPS details, as this might be an explanation why are you not able to see your exercise in Strava.

Let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes