Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Strava to Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I plan to buy an Alta HR (so with no GPS). But my phone has GPS and it can run Strava. There is bi-directional sync between Fitbit and Strava as far as I understood.

But if I record a GPS workout in Strava  (thus without HR monitoring), when it transfers to Fitbit, will the corresponding activity include both GPS and HR ?

EDIT : just read the pined topic so the answer is no. The synced data is very poor : only activity headers without details such as GPS or HR. Too bad...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Gerpy! Yes, unfortunately, the only way to get both data is to get a device from Fitbit that includes either GPS or connected GPS. Have you checked out the Charge 2? It's not quite as sleek, but it uses connected GPS (uses the phone's GPS), so you would have runs, etc with both HR and GPS within Fitbit.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Gerpy! Yes, unfortunately, the only way to get both data is to get a device from Fitbit that includes either GPS or connected GPS. Have you checked out the Charge 2? It's not quite as sleek, but it uses connected GPS (uses the phone's GPS), so you would have runs, etc with both HR and GPS within Fitbit.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the answer. Yes I checked Charge 2 but it feels too large for a discrete 24/7 use. I think that I'may doomed to go Garmin for Ant+ broadcasting.

Best Answer
0 Votes