Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin Forerunner + Charge 2 Connectivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From what I have a read there is no longer a way to syncronize data with this 2 devices. It sounds like FitDataSync used to work.

I see there is a serious need and request for it here : https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Garmin-Connect-Integration-Sync/idc-p/1844327#M9...

Am I out of luck? The closest time consuming work around I can find is here : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37372579/#Comment_37372579

That method requires GPS I don't use GPS with the Charge 2 because I don't always have my phone with me every place I walk and that would use too much battery life anyways. I just need a simple way to combine activity from 2 devices because after all the point is to motivate and built progress which Fitbit is failing at..

It is also a known a fact that a wrist heart rate monitor is not as accurate as chest strap no matter who makes it Garmin or Fitbit, the technology is simply not as accurate right now.

I am hoping that myself and other serious athletes find a solution in this thread otherwise I will have to switch before I invest much more time and energy into something that should be simple and included for the out of box experience.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @KidKoala, thank you for joining the Fitbit Community. Regarding your questions of combining information from two different devices is a hard topic to treat, since it requires other integrations from third party services and most of these integrations are not under our control, since is initiative from the third party who uses our open API.

So far the only way I know you can do this is through FitDataSync as you mentioned. This enables to import Garmin Connect activities to Fitbit account automatically. Allowing for all Garmin activity data be displayed in your FitBit dashboard: calories, duration, steps, distance, activity type and even heart rate.

Due to changes in the way third party services access to your Dashboard it might be require to authorize the access to Fitbit again for this to work; Even though this service is not supported on our site of partner integrations, I recommend this only as a workaround.

If this is something in which you're interested, the best is to support the idea you shared on your post. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

Thank for your comments and keep participating in our Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Just for clarification, When I open fitdatasync website where is a comment that this service is no longer provided. 

Is it still working or not? 

Please help me with that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Whassups4, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Indeed, this was an integration not officially supported by Fitbit and was solely initiative of FitDataSync to provide a free service to sync Garmin data with your Fitbit account.

Screenshot_2017-05-15-10-15-15.jpg

According to their website due to changes in the API of Garmin and our services this integration is not longer available. For more details please visit this page.

Hope this information helps. See you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Robert,

Ok, that means their is no way to sync fitbit with garmin connect anymore? If so, fitbit should Do something to resolve that due to major lack in user experimence... To put it in the words of marketing people.

Regards
Christian
Best Answer

Hi there @Whassups4, it's nice to see you have joined to this thread! Thank you a lot for your feedback provided. I know that this might be a little bit frustrating and I do see your point regarding this integration. 

Many of the third party integrations, even the one supported by Fitbit, are not developed by our initiative, so it's hard to take control over this data but we're working every day to make the best products and services and the comments like yours make us grow every day.

Keep the good vibe and for more help, stay tuned to the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes