Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app sync with MapMyFitness

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using Fitbit app and MapMyFitness for a long time. Both apps say they're synched with the other but no data ever transfers.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you here @aschameleon! This is one way integration. So, Fitbit will sync steps, distance calories and weight to MapMyFitness apps. However, MMF won't sync any information to Fitbit. 

You can learn more about it by checking this third party post

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
My experience is that nothing is syncing from Fitbit to MapMyFitness.
No run details, nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @BrianEh! Fitbit should sync steps, distance, calories and weight. This is a one way integration so MapMyFitness won't sync anything to Fitbit. 

Please try to unlink and relink both accounts by doing the following: 

- Go to your Dashboard > click on settings 

- Choose applications > click on revoke access on MMF

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

What is interesting here is that MapMyFitness really only cares about my 'workouts'.

My runs, walks, bike rides, etc.

They don't really care about my steps, step distance, at all.

While the data might go over, but I can't even find step counts or distance that is not a run.

So I have to manually export my GPS data from every run and manually import it on the MapMyFitness side.

Come on, even my (now discontinued) Microsoft Band automatically pushed all of my workout activities over.

From reading lots of forum history, I suspect this is a consious integration limitation on FitBit's part.  Though it might be my data, and I might be able to access it, it is made inconvient to take it to other platforms.

( work in software, I know these consious decisions happen all the time)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrianEh wrote:

From reading lots of forum history, I suspect this is a consious integration limitation on FitBit's part. 

@BrianEh Not sure what you mean, because Fitbit didn't build the integration. If MapMyFitness wanted to pull GPS activity from Fitbit, they would have to add that functionality to the integration.

An example of an integration that does exactly that is Strava. Activities with GPS will sync from Fitbit to Strava. It just depends on how an integration is built.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

There is conflicting information in many places there.

Though Strava may haev integrated properly, the MapMyFitness application integration claims they have requested access to the data.

Access & Write
friends, Fitbit devices and settings, profile, weight, activity and exercise, sleep, food and water logs

Yet, in the forums all that I see over and over again is only steps.

So, maybe teh two companies need to reach out to each other (though I realize that Under Armour purchased MapMy and is trying to have their own line of devices - which I am sure causes part of the friction here).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very frustrated fit bit user. I have very much gotten into rowing in cycling. Two things that fit bit does not accurately monitor/monitors at all. Map my fitness does a great job of monitoring these activities. Is there any  possible of even manually putting the information from MapMyFitness into Fitbit? It seems silly since fit bit will transfer into map my fitness, but map my fitness will not transfer the information to fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes