Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home Action

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After playing witht he IFTTT skill of logging weight, I decided to create a simple Google Home Action using api.ai to get my current steps from Fitbit, it worked rather well (IMHO) but since it requires OAuth authentication to make it user specific, I was wondering if Fitbit had plans on making an "official" Google Home (Assistant) Action where I can say "Ok Google, ask Fitbit how many steps I have taken?" 

My action took only a few hours to create and testout, so I would be happy to help out if necessary.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @geekosphere, Thank you for sharing this great idea with us. So far we don't have any updates of implementing this feature with Google in a near future, but you can add it to our Feature Suggestions boardThis is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future!

At the moment the only feature I know that works in the way you described on your post is Alexa from Amazon. For more information feel free to visit the app details page.

Hope this helps and thank you for your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @geekosphere, Thank you for sharing this great idea with us. So far we don't have any updates of implementing this feature with Google in a near future, but you can add it to our Feature Suggestions boardThis is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future!

At the moment the only feature I know that works in the way you described on your post is Alexa from Amazon. For more information feel free to visit the app details page.

Hope this helps and thank you for your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I found an existing REF (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/works-with-google-home/idc-p/1827204#M96297) and have voted for it, thanks and hope they implemnt it, as it was way cool to say "Ok Google ask myapp how many steps have I taken?" or to be able to say "Ok Google, ask Fitbit to log 8oz of water" or weight, or change my step goal. Cool stuff.

Best Answer

Hi @geekosphere, thank you for sharing with me there is a similar idea. I have voted too since it sounds cool to say "Ok Google" and made entries in the Fitbit account with just your voice.

I was reviewing Alexa a few weeks ago and its awesome just to ask things without the need of operating the phone, however in this case is require to integrate additional accessories, instead of just using your phone.

I will keep an eye on this. Stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been an update on use with Google Home? Seems crazy not to support Google?

Best Answer

Hello @BRISTOLBEAT, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! No, so far there are no news about this update, usually this changes goes along with Feature suggestions made by our users and those ideas are updated when are implemented. 

If you are interested in something like this why don't you take a look to the idea shared by @geekosphere. Your vote will be very appreciated here: works with google home. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.

Hope to see you again and let me know if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes