Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR sync with other apps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Could the HR measured with the Charge HR be synchronised with other fitness apps, like Runtastic or Endomondo? I just learned that the FitBit mobile apps don't display activities logged with a FitBit, so I would like to track workouts with another app, which will be displayed by FitBit. I'm just wondering how to include the HR into that log.

I haven't switched from my One to the Charge HR yet, so I can't try it myself. So far, activities logged with third-party apps can't even show the steps I took during these activities.

FitBit One - Lumia 820 - Surface Pro 3 (- Nexus 7)
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

3rd party developers use the Fitbit open API to exchange data with the Fitbit servers. Fitbit has no control over which data they choose to incorporate. Also, the API has not yet been updated to include the heart Rate and GPS data, but that is being worked on. Just looking at My Fitness Pal and Endomondo it seems they are only interested in step, food and weight data from Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

3rd party developers use the Fitbit open API to exchange data with the Fitbit servers. Fitbit has no control over which data they choose to incorporate. Also, the API has not yet been updated to include the heart Rate and GPS data, but that is being worked on. Just looking at My Fitness Pal and Endomondo it seems they are only interested in step, food and weight data from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the heads up!

FitBit One - Lumia 820 - Surface Pro 3 (- Nexus 7)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm VERY interested in this too, as I use Mapmyrun and would like to have my activities sync.  After some research, the features acceable in the Fitbit API are pretty limited.  Fitbit doesn't currently (as far as I can find) have Heart Rate and GPS available for 3rd party apps to pull.  Buuuuuut...... I found this on Fitbit's developer page.  

"Heart Rate, GPS, and OAuth 2.0 Coming Soon
Fitbit recently announced three exciting new products: Charge, Charge HR, and Surge. We're also excited to announce that the Fitbit API will provide access to the all day heart rate and GPS data from these devices. These data types will be accessible exclusively via OAuth 2.0. We'll be sharing more information about these new endpoints and our OAuth 2.0 transition in the coming months."
Best Answer

Was really hoping to use HR for runtastic, so dissapointed I can't!!!

Best Answer
I am really hoping the hr model will connect with the Runkeeper ap.... Dies it work with any other iPhone app that you use to track road biking .? I really like Runkeeper!

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
What about hr into mapmyfitness group of apps
Best Answer
0 Votes
Timmy, this is a very interesting info... I've been using my fitbit charge HR with 2 runtastic apps (the running and mountain bike ones) and the only thing that I am really missing is to get the HR info into the runtastic apps...
So, if I understand you correctly, this depends on the apps developers and the use of the fitbit's API that they are willing to do... Am I right?

Anyone from fitbit could confirm this information and the ETA of this new OAuth 2.0 thing?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Timmyjstacy you are right!! it looks that they want to be as propietary as apple or microsoft. They don't allow to do it automatically to buy his trainer! 😞 

I didn't have that problem with my previous polar 😞 Now, I cannot sync with other applications. 

The fitbit programmers does not seem very good at ... programming. Very disappointed.

Fitbit is probably the worst I have checked with my friends 😞

Best Answer

The nice thing is now at least the Fitbit app has a GPS mapping part. Not sure how it compares to some of the big apps like runtastic in terms of accuracy but it is a bit more basic, but for what I do, its fine. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really wish this would get implemented already.. I use both the Fitibt and Runtastic (I'd love to try Strava again) for different things and it annoys me that I can't sync HR over to Runtastic. I'd rather not have to use a Chest Strap (which I have) and my fitbit if I don't have to.

Best Answer