Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate Monitors that sync with Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the best heart rate monitor that syncs with fitbit?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

There are no HRMs that automatically sync with fitbit I'm afraid. 

Best Answer
Bummer, but thank you for the reply. Do you use a HRM or have any
suggestions on the best ones? There's so much out there. Thank you!

--
Nicole Horn
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the Endomondo app to track workouts which automatically uploads to your fitbit activity log. Endomondo has HR integration and the best monitor will depend on the device you use. I use Endo on my Droid 4, so I have a Zephyr bluetooth monitor. The best thing about the Zephyr is the rechargeable battery. HR monitors tend to get all wonky when the battery weakens and in my experience they have never worked quite the same once the battery is changed.People are crying out for a fitbit HR monitor and are dissatisfied with how limited the fitbit activity tracker is. Using Endomondo totally makes up for what fitbit lacks in this area.

Best Answer

I have just come across this thread and am also looking for information. I need to upgrade my old faithful F55 Polar HRM, and am either looking at the Polar FT7 (analogue strap) or the Garmin FR70 with ANT technology.

Which is better out of the two? Anyone experienced any issues with either of them?

I also have no idea what the garmin connect interface is like, the polar site is fairly sparse.

Thank you

Live to ride, ride to live!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicodamus wrote:

What is the best heart rate monitor that syncs with fitbit?

While there are none that sync to fitbit, there are hrm apps that will log exercise to fitbit for you. The one I use is Digifit ICardio with a Polar H7 bluetooth strap. When I complete a workout on Digifit, it automatically logs it to fitbit, it will overwrite the fitbit calorie burn but doesn't include heart rate data associated with the workout.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer

I use the Wahoo Blue HRM with Digifit (on my iPhone).  It then uploads that data and the calorie data from that comes into Fitbit but Fitbit uses the steps from the Fitbit.  Works great.

Best Answer

I have a Flex 2 and a Polar H7 and would love to intergrate them directly but right now I use Polar Beat which then syncs to Google Fit which then links to myfitnesspal which then links to FitBit. Would much prefer to cut out the middle apps!

Polar Beat on Android does not link directly to myfitnesspal hence the need for Google Fit in between. It does on iOS though.

Best Answer

Hi

Can you explain what you mean by 'that data'?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jay86 and @Lrnzmr, it's nice to see you again the the Fitbit Community.

@Jay86 Those are a bunch of apps to sync, so I understand your interest to have a direct integration. However note that many of the integrations are not developed by our initiative, so it's hard to take decisions on this area. Third party services tend to use our open API to sync certain information from your Fitbit account, so in this case I would recommend to contact the developer of the third party service to learn more about their future plans.

To learn more about compatible apps you can visit: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

For more questions, keep me posted. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have a Wahoo Blue chest strap.  I went and checked out iCardio and found that now you need an upgrade to use you BLE HRM sensor. The upgrade carries a monthly subscription.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you still using this set up?  I also use polar chest strap and the Polar Beat app for intense workouts so the HR is accurate.  I'm currently using a polar watch too but I miss the Fitbit features. It's just painful moving data sources.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sente@Since writing this, I've dropped the Google Fit step. Polar Beat/Flow syncs directly to myfitnesspal as does Fitbit so all data is shared that way.

Best Answer
So if the HR from Polar Beat (chest strap) and from Fitbit are both input
to Myfitnesspal, which one gets stored or is used to calculate stats? It
also seems that I need both my phone and the Fitbit watch during a workout.
Wouldn't it be better if I could do everything thru the watch, ie record
and store the HR whether from the wrist or from an external sensor?

Sent from my Android Pixel 2XL
Best Answer

Thanks @Jay86 . I just looked in MyFitnessPal and I was actually already syncing both in there.  My challenge is, personally, I'm looking for much more of an activity/exercise oriented view of the combined data versus what MyFitnessPal shows which is more calorie/weight management centric.  I'm thinking for now going deeper into polar with the newer Vantage M that has upped the game up wrist heart rate tracking and can also sync with the chest strap is probably going to make the most sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Polar Beat on my Android phone and it only syncs to Google Fit.  I see though that Polar Flow does sync with MyFitnessPal so you must use both Polar Beat and Polar Flow.  Seems like it is still a two-step process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do have Beat and Flow but I don't have to do anything to get them to sync
so I don't count it as an extra step.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jay86, and @Therman. Welcome to the Forums @Sente.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. 

Please do keep in mind that  this is a Fitbit forum for Third-Party Integrations and thus it is related to how the integrations work with Fitbit. Please try to keep the discussion related to Fitbit and how the apps work with it.

If you have any suggestions as to what apps should connect to Fitbit and how, you can post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the suggestion to show their support for your idea. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the Fitbit Versa, reading through the threads and have some feedback to provide Fitbit. People want to be able to aggregate their data in a way that is meaningful. Heat rate is one example. Also think about training miles etc. the third party integrations are a pain. Would like to see Fitbit have a more robust app or easier integrations. This is my 3rd Fitbit so I am not new to the product.

Best Answer

I also have a Versa and would desperately love to monitor my HR with a chest strap. Looking for up to date information on which tech/app I need to make this happen.

Best Answer