Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate data using Ant+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Maybe here's a better place for my question.

I like to use Strava. I'm also happy with my fitbit, but this would be awesome.

The versa can record steps and the heartrate.

The steps get published via Ant+,

but not the heartrate.

Is this an user error? Could you please make this possible (if it's not already is).

Many thanks, that would be a killer feature for me because I run a strava subscription

and am really happy with the fitbit hardware/smartphone integration..

Many thanks for your help!

Moderator Edit: Format / Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @dav-id, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I was reading you like to use Strava and Fitbit and I would like to confirm if you want to see the heart rate recorded in your Versa, available in Strava? Is this correct?

Note that Fitbit Versa do not use Ant+ to connect with other devices or applications. With third party integrations is your Dashboard the one that connects with other apps in order to share your data.

Now exercises with GPS data recorded with your Fitbit tracker will be sent to Strava and heart rate will be included when it's available. However only if this is a GPS exercise. In the other hand, exercises recorded in Strava will be synced to Fitbit as manually logged activities, but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava.

In order for this to happen, you need to connect your accounts. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish the link between your Fitbit and Strava accounts.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

"I was reading you like to use Strava and Fitbit and I would like to confirm if you want to see the heart rate recorded in your Versa, available in Strava? Is this correct?" Yes, this is correct. It tracked my steps perfectly through Ant+ (inside the Strava app you could select the Versa for this). So now I want this with my heartrate sensor also. 🙂

Strava: under Apps Fitbit is listed

Fitbit: under App Strava is listed

So this will work atleast as intended.

Will Fitbit just log my activity on Strava? So I'll have to erase the doubled track?

I'm a Strava premium (paid) member, so if I track my ride Segments will show up (as an paid feature).

I won't stop tracking with the Strava app and Versa's strava app has no features for tracking (sadly).

Please change this. Using the heartrate sensor is/was one of my main reasons to buy this gadget.

Many thanks for your help Roberto!

Best Answer