Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate sync with HealthKit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Ii would really like to see Fitbit's heart rate data sync with HealthKit. I know that through third party apps, fitbit heart rate data will sync a single data point (a 24 hour average).

I had read in a post by Fitbit back in 2014 that there were watching HealthKit to see how it "matures." I think we're there now.

I realize that the barriers to HealthKit are not technological, but are instead business model related. If we cannot have true HealthKit integration, can we at least get some usable heart rate data?
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner I don't have an answer for you but since your subject is between Fitbit and Healthkit I've moved your post to the 3rd party apps.

Doing a search of the Feature Request Board I noticed that this has been requested. You might want to go there and add a comment and a vote.

It's the Feature Request Board the developers look at to see what's popular.

Best Answer

It seems I go round in circles accepting the Terms and conditions on the Feature request board (link above). Therefore will at least add my request for the ability to sync with the Health Kit app on here. I didn’t realise it didn’t sync before recently purchasing a new Fitbit. Why are there still no current plans to add this feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We as users do not know the answer @Jo_26nov 

First I'll now that Fitbit normally does not speculate in what they are going to add.

For now fitbits API does not give access to the heart rate data. I did read that Fitbit is looking inti the best way to implement a heart rate function.

To wrap up, third parties like HealthKit are responsible for their own access to your Fitbit data, and currently heart rate is not a function with fitbits third party interface.

I also found a suggestion to have heart rate added to the API

Allow third-parties to access live heartrate data...

Best Answer