Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Wordpress sharing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm looking for some help with Wordpress sharing. To test the sharing feature, I hooked up a Twitter account and a Wordpress.com account. The Twitter share happened this morning as expected, but the Wordpress share did not.

I have two Wordpress blogs in my Wordpress.com account. I have the one I want Fitbit to share to set as the default in my Wordpress.com settings.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this, or advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, I found another way to do it. It takes a little work, but the Fitbit stats are now showing up on my non-Wordpress.com Wordpress blog.

1. Set up a new Twitter account and use Fitbit's Twitter sharing feature
  2. Enable the Twitter Tools and Social plugins in Wordpress
  3. Connect Twitter Tools and Social to your new Twitter account

After this, the daily stats will show up on the Wordpress blog. 

It was a little confusing for me, so I made a quick guide here: Fitbit Wordpress sharing

Hope this helps!

Alan

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm interested in doing something similar.  What are you using to share your FitBit data to WordPress?  I looked through the FitBit app gallery quick and could not locate a WordPress sharing service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the Social Media sharing tools (Settings> Sharing). You can post to Twitter, Facebook or Wordpress.com (supposedly). There isn't any way to customize the message it shares.

Another option is to use the Twitter Share, and then use a Twitter plugin in Wordpress to post it whenever the tweet happens. Seems unneccesarily complicated though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can the team make an export to self hosted wordpress not wordpress.com. Your device is so wonderful, but the export to wordpress.com is seems so old school. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you use the Jetpack plugin in Wordpress, it MIGHT work. Wordpress.com has an API, which I assume is what Fitbit is using to post. If you have your own Wordpress install, and you enable Jetpack, it should be able to post to it through the Wordpress API. I haven't been able to get this to work, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks Alan, but that is still not desirable. I do not want to still use wordpress.com. Plus the export to wordpress.com, stop working in mid Nov. So, I may look at the new Garmin vivofit and use the connect.garmin.com wordpress plugins. 

sorry this is becoming a deal breaker for me. I track everything on my blog and the fitbit method now is laborous. I want my workouts hard not my reporting. 

d

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I found another way to do it. It takes a little work, but the Fitbit stats are now showing up on my non-Wordpress.com Wordpress blog.

1. Set up a new Twitter account and use Fitbit's Twitter sharing feature
  2. Enable the Twitter Tools and Social plugins in Wordpress
  3. Connect Twitter Tools and Social to your new Twitter account

After this, the daily stats will show up on the Wordpress blog. 

It was a little confusing for me, so I made a quick guide here: Fitbit Wordpress sharing

Hope this helps!

Alan

Best Answer

I want to do this too..... nice job figuring this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you. I don't know why so many website only choose to share to .com these days and not .org as well. Like you say, so old school, and frankly, a pain in the butt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi alank 

i m having taxi service website . And i m having the same issue if you found any solution please let me know it will really help me. 

Best Answer