Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Fitbit interacts with LoseIt

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It says here; http://support.loseit.com/customer/portal/articles/1569115-what-syncs-between-lose-it-and-fitbit-
That lose it will send data to my Fitbit dashboard. But I've syned both apps and NOTHING has happened? Fitbit does show on my lose it app but doesn't have anything else and on my Fitbit app there is nothing. And I tried logging food on my fitbit app to see if it sends to my lose it and NOTHING. Also when I did log that food my calorie total DID NOT show anything but 0 even though I had logged food. Please someone help me..if lose it and Fitbit don't sync together I'm afraid I'll stop using Fitbit as I've gotten so far with lose it already!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@SunsetRunner from the link you referenced it is not a fully mutual sync between the two platforms.  From reading this is what I got from it:

Lose It will sync food entered to it into FitBit for you

FitBit syncs calories burned to Lose It

Lose It does not send exercises to FitBit

FitBit does not send food to Lose It

Have you logged food into your Lose It! account?  And that isn't syncing over to FitBit?  Obviously it is working to some degree as you mentioned FitBit is showing up on your Lose It! app.  It might be beneficial to get in touch with both FitBit & Lose It customer service to see if they can further assist you if you continue to have minimal transfer of data between the two platforms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner Only food logged in LoseIt is synced to your Fitbit account.  Food logged in Fitbit does not sync to LoseIt.  So it is best to always log your food in LoseIt.   Calories burned, sleep, and I believe weight will synce from Fitbit to LoseIt.  So you should log all your exercises in Fitbit in order to be sent to LoseIt along with your step information.  In order to see some of these you have to set up the custom trackers in LoseIt as described in the article you linked to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My Lose It premium account shows my calorie credit from Fitbit, but none of the food that I logged in Lose It is showing up in my Fitbit account.  I just upgraded to Lose It premium today so I'm going to see if it is all fixed tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@heatherwalt Thanks for joining the Community. I'm so sorry for the prolongued response. Did you get to resolve this? If not, try to unlink and relink both accounts by following the steps below:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under LoseIt, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to https://www.fitbit.com/apps/loseit.

Let me know if the above does the trick. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My food data I logged into Lose It shows up in the Fitbit dashboard but the active exercise cals from Fitbit fail to show up in Lose It. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue: LoseIt! app pulls data from Fitbit app, but Fitbit app is not collecting nutritional data from LoseIt! app. The fix provided in message 5 of 6 above is for an old (2015) version of the app. Those steps do not exist in the latest version.

Please advise. 

Best Answer

Have there been any updates on this? 

Fit bit is showing up in my lose it app and I have tried to revoke access and restart and still no data is shared between the two apps.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jngh, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! If you are experiencing syncing issue between Lose it and your Fitbit account, keep in mind with integrations not all the data will be reflected. In the case of LoseIt, Fitbit sends calorie data and LoseIt compares your estimate against the calorie burn from Fitbit and adjusts your calorie goal.

What syncs?
Fitbit > Calories > LoseIt
Fitbit > Aria measurements > LoseIt
LoseIt > Food > Fitbit

However in order for this to happen you must be a Premium LoseIt subscriber.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes