Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my Charge 3 to get my heart rate on Runkeeper?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to use my Fitbit Charge 3 to see my current heart rate while running with Runkeeper. It does  not seem possible for me to add my device. Help please 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @dwensauer.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

Given that these integrations are developed by the third parties, they determine how the data syncs or crosses over between the apps.

In regards to getting the HR real time on Runkeeper, according to their help site "At this time, Fitbit devices cannot be used as heart rate monitors when tracking directly with Runkeeper. Fitbit's hardware is designed to pair only with their software, so those devices are not compatible with our app at this time."

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @dwensauer.

Given that these integrations are developed by the third parties, they determine how the data syncs or crosses over between the apps.

In regards to getting the HR real time on Runkeeper, according to their help site "At this time, Fitbit devices cannot be used as heart rate monitors when tracking directly with Runkeeper. Fitbit's hardware is designed to pair only with their software, so those devices are not compatible with our app at this time."

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very sad to hear that the device is not architected to be used with other software. This actually makes me think about getting an alternative device. 

Anyway: thank you for your feedback.

Best Answer

Hello @dwensauer.

Perhaps you could post about it this in our Feature Suggestions board. That way you can share your idea and have other users comment and vote for it to show their support. You can click here to read more about how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I used to have I-phone and changed to Samsung S9, I use RunKeeper app to run, I can't get my heart rate (average and zone) while running as I used to have with I-phone, can you help me with this?

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has continuously refused to allow third-party apps to display real-time heart rates since 2015. There is a public post here that they say - We have developed this feature but will not be releasing it". Not only that, the Charge 3 will not display RTHR in their OWN app! There are hundreds of complaints from iPhone and Android owners that they have broken this feature completely....

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, not even with I-phone anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lots of complaints here with iPhones, but I have an Android phone, so I don't really know... 

Best Answer
0 Votes