Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Scale and Weight Watchers not syncing correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am posting this in 2 places, not sure which is the correct place.

I recently joined Weight Watchers, after successfully using my scale synced with MyFitnessPal for 2 years - never had an issue.

However, every time I weigh myself, Weight Watchers syncs a weight that is 0.1 lbs less than my actual weight. The weight syncs correctly with Fitbit itself, and with MyFitnessPal (I still have it connected there). Weight Watchers is the only place it is wrong. Forgot to mention - my Fitbit Steps sync correctly, which is even stranger. Since the Aria sync was added after activity sync for WW, I'm guessing they are two separate entities - even though they both come from Fitbit.

I have already tried disconnecting/reconnecting the scale from Weight Watchers, but that hasn't fixed it. I have reached out to Weight Watchers support - they told me something must be wrong with my scale and provided no other support or suggestions.

I was wondering if anybody here had also experienced this issue and would know how to fix it? It is extremely annoying. I can go into WW and manually correct the weight - which will stay for a day or 2, it then reverts back to the wrong weight again, and I have to fix it again - then it will usually stay corrected.

I'm guessing this is more than likely an issue on the WW side, since that's the only app it is happening with, but since they are refusing to offer me any kind of support or assistance with this, I don't know where else to turn.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well I finally got an answer from Weight Watchers about this. Turns out that when you weigh yourself on the Aria, the weight actually extends a bunch of decimal points, but it shows you a rounded number, which is also rounded when it syncs to Fitbit or MyFitnessPal. However, Weight Watchers does NOT round the weight, it just cuts off the extended decimal points.

For example, if you weigh yourself and the Aria shows you 182.4, it actually may be 182.382591. It gets rounded to 182.4, but when synced to Weight Watchers, it just cuts off the other decimals, so it will show your weight as 182.3. They claim that it is a more accurate weight, but I disagree. (not like this really matter though anyway). Just thought I would pass this information along to anybody else who may experience this issue.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Well I finally got an answer from Weight Watchers about this. Turns out that when you weigh yourself on the Aria, the weight actually extends a bunch of decimal points, but it shows you a rounded number, which is also rounded when it syncs to Fitbit or MyFitnessPal. However, Weight Watchers does NOT round the weight, it just cuts off the extended decimal points.

For example, if you weigh yourself and the Aria shows you 182.4, it actually may be 182.382591. It gets rounded to 182.4, but when synced to Weight Watchers, it just cuts off the other decimals, so it will show your weight as 182.3. They claim that it is a more accurate weight, but I disagree. (not like this really matter though anyway). Just thought I would pass this information along to anybody else who may experience this issue.

Best Answer

hey thanks for figuring this out. it has always driven me nuts that it was slightly off (not enough for me to be SUPER annoyed).

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your the Fitbit scale to sync properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesnt sync 0.1 lbs less than youre acutal weight, it just subtracts 0.1 from your previous weighin on Weight Watchers, which makes it even more inaccurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind, it synced my initial, estimated weight from earlier today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this post it’s exactly what’s happening with me I weighed it showed 163.1 on scale in weight watchers it show 162.9.  Getting confused. So weird.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this!  Had (mildly) driven me nuts!  Mostly because I always kept wondering what the “true” number was!   Now I know why my Aria scale is often times 0.1 lbs off from what’s reported in the WW (weight watchers) app!

Best Answer
0 Votes