Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect with Noom?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how do I connect noom to my tracker

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Nice to see you here @dlam182. I'll be glad to give you a hand with this.

Connect your Fitbit account with Noom app with these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Apps & Devices > Connect Additional Devices and tap Connect beside your fitness tracker
  2. Log into your account when prompted and select all the checkboxes to enable all permissions if it asks
  3. Tap Allow.
  4. Finally, go to Settings > Apps & Devices > Choose Steps Data Source and select Fitbit

Please know that once the fitness tracker is linked to Noom, the steps do not sync in real-time. It can take up to several hours for the steps to show in Noom. Test it out and let us know if your issue persists.

*Note: Please know this will not correct any previous days. Any missed or wrong steps on days that have already passed cannot be changed or manually added. We apologize for the disappointment.

You can also check this information: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I'll be around in case that you need more information. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello @YojanaFitbit 

Are your instructions for iPhone or Android? Nothing that you say fits for my iPhone 8. Do you have info for it? I have done everything I can think of based on Noom’s and Fitbit's instructions including deleting the apps, turning phone on/off, resetting my tracker. I noticed - as did many other people - that Noom is no longer in Fitbit’s list of compatible apps but no one in any forum is addressing that question. I’d rather not waste any more of my time if it’s a simple answer. Thank you

Best Answer

Me too. I cannot get all info to work. It tells noom when I do my blood pressure and what I sleep but not what I eat. I end up having to enter the food twice once to each app. There has to be a better way.

Best Answer

I found out 'how', but I'm confused by the page asking for permissions to all the different data points in Fitbit.  It says "Noom coach would like the ability to access and write the following data in your Fitbit account".  Does that mean Noom will overwrite Fitbit in my Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

These instructions were perfect for my iphone8. I signed into Fitbit. Went to adddevice in noom using above instructions. Said ok to the TIP screen signed into Fitbit on noom site then turned on Fitbit as the step tracker. Maybe it is a timing thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

how did you get back to Noom coach asking you those questions?  I did those steps when first setting up but have lost the connectivity to Fitbit and can't figure out how to get back to that step.

Best Answer

This does not work. Am I looking for settings on my fitbit app or noom? Fitbit Apps & Devices does not give me the information you provided and neither does my Noom account.

Fitbit customer service told me to revoke the app in Fitbit and now I can't connect them again.

Best Answer

So what’s the answer Fitbit? Seems like the limited definition of synching here is merely a push of steps from Fitbit to Noom. Why isn’t basic Noom info for water and meal logging pulled back in to Fitbit?  Or, if it is, where/how?

Best Answer

To those still trying to figure this out, the only way to connect with Noom is to have a Noom subscription.  To test my theory, I just subscribed to the Noom two week trial period and had no issue finding FitBit under settings.  When I cancel in two weeks, it will probably disappear again.

It's disappointing that we have to pay for that feature, but Noom likes to steal money.*  

*I was a subscriber in the last few years, fell behind on my daily lessons, and after my 6 month subscription was up it took away the option to read everything I missed.  I'd be more inclined to recommend Noom if it allowed steps to be tracked with a FitBit without a subscription.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Did you find a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go to the Noom app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android. 

I click on the three lines on the top left. 

I click Settings

Apps & Devices

and it says...

Connect and automatically get steps data from your favorite apps  and devices. 

CHOOSE A STEP SOURCE

:sun: System Pedometer ○

❤ Google Fit                  ● 

That's it. Nothing else. No other options. What can I do?

Best Answer
Thx! I am an Apple user and already did that - I steps from Fitbit into Noom.

My issue/frustration is the lack of any other bi-directional synch b/t these apps: 1) Not getting the exercise from Fitbit into Noom, and 2) Fitbit not pulling food & water consumption from Noom, where I enter it as my primary weight loss app (vs Fitbit for just exercise).

Easy solution is to just sign up for only Fitbit Premium, which is why I’m sure they don’t want more synching to occur, but I don’t think it compares to the much more personalized small group & Coach support offered by a Noom subscription. Noom & Fitbit, no doubt, want a person “all-in” for their $$ program only.

Basic functionality, to me, that should exist but doesn’t.
Best Answer
No
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Waiting to hear from the Noom coach.  Using Samsung Galaxy 10E

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noom asked me to decrease the size of the font or the display on my phone and once I did that, I was able to see other apps and one of them was Fitbit!!!  Apparently, my font was too large and didn't allow Noom to display all my options for other apps!   To change your phone size on your phone go to the phone settings and search for Font or display and decrease the size.  Once done, you can always change it back and it won't affect the sync with Fitbit!

Best Answer

Finally.  I tried all kinds of install and reinstall, etc.  and this was the simple solution for those of us with old eyes.

Best Answer

This worked!!!! 🤗 Thank you!!!! Once I decreased my font size, I was able to see all options available.

Best Answer
Glad it helped!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes