Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Telegram text messages?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey 🙂

I just found out how to enable WhatsApp notifications, but actually I am using another messenger app. So the dashboard app (Android) recognized my SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger and Hangout Apps, but not Telegram. How do I enable it? 

Thanks for help! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Community @k405! Thanks for the information that you provided. I was checking and you mentioned that you're using an Alta in this thread. Since, you're using an Alta you should be able to receive third-party notifications just make sure that you're enabling them in the app. (Check the screenshot below) 

appnotifications1.pngappnotifications.png

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In my Notifications I have enabled:

* Telegram

Skype and Whatsapp notifications appear on my Fitbit device, Telegram notifications do not.

Windows 10 Mobile and Fitbit Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @mattyboy! Thanks for letting me know that you've enabled Skype, Whatsapp and Telegram notifications. I noticed that you mentioned Windows 10 mobile in your post, currently notifications aren't an option in Windows 10 app. 

However, Fitbit is already working with notifications in Windows 10 as you can check in this post Fitbit for Windows Track Notifications Testing (GATT Server)

In case, you're not using this phone and having issues with Telegram. I would like you to try this troubleshoot with Android or iOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Flex 2, and I use Telegram, how do I enable text messages and notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Tim989! Currently, Fitbit Flex 2 just have the option to receive calls and text notifications. Telegram is a third party application and it can't be updated to set notifications. You can learn more about it by checking How do I get notifications from my mobile device?

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I recently bought an Alta HR and downloaded the latest fitbit app. From what I see, there is no more option to activate application notifications. It just has:

Call

Text

Calendar

How can I enable Telegram messages given this? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Neil

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Is it possible to receive both WhatsApp and text message notifications on Alta at the sametime? Currently I can see 4 checkboxes in Alta setup (WhatsApp,  Messenger, Hangouts and text messaging) - and I need to choose a priority texting application which will be displayed on Alta. How to select all of these apps to display notifications from all of them ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Kasia83! Currently, you won't be able to choose more than one text application for your tracker. This is because Alta is able to receive just call, text and calendar events. In other cases like Blaze or Ionic, they're able to choose more than one text application because it has the option to enable from other apps in the phone. 

It's great to have you here @ncarcadio. It's not possible to choose Telegram because it's not one of the text message applications that Fitbit gives you as an option. You're able to select just from the four that it shows you. 

Thanks for participate in the Community! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there,

I have a Charge 2 and I'm trying to use Telegram on it. Is this option available?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @J3nnyf3r73! Currently, it's not possible to have Telegram notifications on your Charge 2. This is because you'll receive just call, texts and calendar events, when you choose texts notifications Telegram won't show as an option. 

The trackers that will receive third-party apps will be Blaze and Ionic. You can learn more about it by checking this article How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

I have Fitbit Versa and app running on iOS. How do I enable Telegram notifications on my Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @AxeRod! Please follow these steps to enable Telegram and any other notification on your Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

For Telegram I am only receiving a notification that a message has been received, not the actual contents of the message. How can I see the actual message on my fitbit?

Fitbit Versa, iPhone 8, Telegram.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to sort this issue out?

Any information would be appreciated

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nah man, didn't solve it. However I did get annoyed at some point with all the messages showing on my fitbit that I disabled all notifications. So in a sense I solved the initial problem by removing the source :))

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit,

The link to Telegram and any other notification on your Versa doesn't seem to cover Telegram any more. Is there an updated link for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes