Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rizzle2008 The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has all the hardware requirements (awesome looking phone) to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If that does not work, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
My alta is not showing details of my notifications. For example it is only showing a name of the person texting me and then it says 1 new message.
Best Answer

When I receive a text msg it vibrates but does not display anything. I can see 3 notifications in the app. When I receive a call it does display the caller.

Best Answer

When I get a text message it does vibrate, I tap twice and it shows who the message is from & that I have 1 message.  But there is no content of the message.  Is the message itself suppose to show up as well?

Best Answer
Same here cause it just vibrates when I'm laying down the couch watching TV doesn't tell me to get up and move
Best Answer

@Mackendzei @Trish26 What model phone are you using? And can you confirm that you've enabled Text Notifications in the Fitbit app, selecting the desired notification source? 

@MarusiaC @Krogerman Receiving a notification will not automatically illuminate the screen. When you feel the vibration, you can use Quick View or a double-tap to activate your Alta and view the content of the notification itself.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@Mackendzei @Trish26 What model phone are you using? And can you confirm that you've enabled Text Notifications in the Fitbit app, selecting the desired notification source? 

@MarusiaC @Krogerman Receiving a notification will not automatically illuminate the screen. When you feel the vibration, you can use Quick View or a double-tap to activate your Alta and view the content of the notification itself.

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo.  Yes, I went through the steps that Erick listed above and everything is selected to enable.

Best Answer
Samsung Galaxy Note5. Yes all notifications are turned on. I get Alta vibrate and name of person texting. No message itself... I was under the impression the text message would be detailed/scroll on the Alta.
Best Answer

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo, Android Ver. 5.0 .  I also use Message+.   And yes I have enabled notifications.

Best Answer

I just received my Alta today and have not been able to get the notifications to work.  It's the main reason I purchased the unit.  Moto-X with Android 5.XX.  Really frustrating as all settings are set correctly in the fitbit app.  Tried everything suggested by the site.  Any ideas on what I should do?

Best Answer

I am not sure if the Alta is the same, but I do know that with the Blaze, you have to use Message not Message+ for the text to come through.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

I'm wondering the same thing. I get notification that I have a text but the actual message does not scroll through. I tried searching for answers but unable to get an answer if only the notification is available on this device or if the full message is suppose to display. I'm using the Samsung S6 Edge+ phone. 

Best Answer
Found the issue! I changed to plain messages instead of Message+....now I am able to see the texterm content on my Alta.
Best Answer

Thank you!! I'll give that a shot 🙂

Best Answer

@Trish26@sandyh121 Thanks for trying out the set up steps that I provided. I have a workaround for you here as this issue is related to Message+ not playing well with our app. Let me know if that helps.

@Mackendzei Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that switching to the stock Android messaging app resolved the issue for you!

@SShannon Have you tried restarting your Alta with these steps? If not, give that a try and then attempt to send yourself a text from another phone to see if you receive the notification.

If that doesn't work, which text messaging app are you using as the default?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Thanks Erick for your help!  Appreciate it!   I had already read another posters remedy by changing setting  to "Messenger" instead of "Messenger+ . Seems to be ok now!  

Best Answer
I'm trying to set up my alta to get text/call/calendar updates from my galaxy s6 and I can't find any kind of setting for it in the app. What does the "tracker tile" that you're talking about look like?
Best Answer
I'm not receiving any notifications although it appears it's set up
correctly.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung S6. 😞 It's on "Messages" not Message+ or Hangouts. Messages is enabled. I didn't require encryption. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Best Answer

@Trish26 Perfect! Glad to know you were able to find another users response helpful! Robot Happy

@L_Rich Check out my previous post on this same topic here. That should direct you to the instructions to help get you up and running.

@SShannon Did you see my response here? That should help get you up and running.

@msteinheb I recommend confirming that you have granted access to the Fitbit Notification Service as shown here. If you've already granted access, toggle it off and on and then attempt set up again.

Best Answer