Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
If you go into your messages settings, there should be a place where you
can select yes or no to seeing previews of your texts. You have to turn
that on.

Katy Roper
Yellow Rose trl
Best Answer
Ms. Frederica Gordon
Best Answer
0 Votes
When will the galaxy s7 edge be compatible to receive call and text notifications? I know in March the developers were said to be working on it, but it's been over 5 months. It seems like Apple products are always compatible. Please advise if possible. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the 7 edge and other than the same problems other people are complaining about it works fine, I get all notifications.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rizzle2008 The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has all the hardware requirements (awesome looking phone) to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If that does not work, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Best Answer
@ErickFitbit, thank you for your response. I did notice when we first got
the fitbit that it was not compatible, I was just wondering when it would
be finally tested as it has been over 5 months. I do have the fitbit app
which works great along with the fitbit. I was just wondering for call/text
notifications purposes. That was my main inquiry! It syncs but does not
show call or text notifications. I may just have to wait it out or find a
device that does compatibility updates quicker. I know with Android it is
so hard since there are so many platforms. It is nearly impossible to keep
up with them all, especially when companies are coming out with new phones
every 9-12 months now. I have zero complaints with the fitbit, I love it! I
will try what you suggested over the weekend and see if it works out, if
not, the chances of me not surviving are slim!

Thank you again for getting back to me! I hope you have a great one!
Best Answer

I agree with you @Rizzle2008 I immagine it can be hard to keep up with the list of compatible devices if there are phones coming out every 2 weeks. Competition can be hard, but let's wait for your Galaxy S7 Edge to be added to the list as soon as possible. It's a cool cellphone by the way!

See you around!

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

This procedure for receiving texts on a Fit Bit Alta does not work on an iPhone. Yes, the instructions seem to be straight forward, but I was on the phone with Fit Bit support this morning for more than 45 minutes doing this and it does not work.

There is an issue between the Fit Bit Alta and iPhone when it comes to receiving text messages. There are many people with this issue posting on the internet. There have been no instructions for how to solve this issue.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Odd as I've not heard of this being an issue for most users. 

I recommend checking out these troubleshooting instructions for getting the notifications on the iPhone successfully setup. Hope that helps get you up and going.

Best Answer
That's so weird @SunsetRunner. Two of my friends have the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6
plus and have no issues with text messages on their fitbit alta. I hope
it's resolved soon for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since the update, my alta vibrates 3 times for every notification. I get a txt, vibrants 3 times, i read a txt vibrates 3 times. How do I switch it back to just one quick vibration?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the notifications issue. I get no notifications at all. I have made sure do not disturb is turned off, I have made sure that fit bit is allowed notifications in the iPhone settings, I have made sure that notifications are turned on in the Alta. I have re-paired the Alta with my iPhone. I have restarted the Alta. I have made sure The app has been completely updated. Still no joy. Please advise.
Best Answer
I have a iPhone 6s Plus and the ONLY working notification is my phone call. The text and calendars do not alert, vibrate or anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dragoo Let's try restarting the Alta and then testing it out again with a couple of text messages from other mobile devices.

@TQuilla @DrPhilene I recommend trying out the suggestions in this help article.

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and letting them know the details of your troubleshooting efforts so they can further provide you with options.

Best Answer

I tried every single fix mentioned in all 26 pages of this thread. Nothing worked. I sent a message to Support and told them that I had tried everything in all 26 pages of this thread -- no joy. They responded with the usual "follow this link and try all the stuff on that page," which, of course, was the very first place I had started. I followed up with an additional message (communication goes through Twitter) reiterating that I had had this problem since June, had already tried everything at the link they provided, and it still wasn't working. Within 30 minutes, I suddenly started getting notifications. My DBA experience leads me to suspect that something gets "hung up" in their database for an individual account, and someone has to go look at it. I suggest contacting Support via email, not via phone, and asking that the matter be escalated. YMMV,

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have. They sent me a new Alta and told me discard my other. It still didn't work. I figured it was my phone. I got rid of motion one 6 plus and got a 6s plus. Still nothing. Last reset was today. I have been getting my call notifications but still no texts. Very disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just ridiculous and the fine folks at FitBit should be ashamed of themselves. There are plenty of people having this problem and getting no fix for it. If everything in this thread has been tried, and notifications are still not working, then someone at FB needs to up their game and get on this problem ASAP. I'm getting fed up with the same tired advice that clearly doesn't work for a lot of people. One of the reasons I bought the Alta was so that I could get the notifications. My reviews are going to reflect this issue.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@DrPhilene @TQuilla At what specific step in this process are you getting stuck? Are you getting any error messages? Can you please provide a screenshot or picture of what you're seeing along with your call/text notifications settings in the app? Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
As per my previous post, 30 minutes after my second communication, notifications, which had not been working since June, suddenly began working. Also per my previous post, I had tried everything you and everyone else had recommended - all settings, resets, etc. You will just have to take my word for that. As I said in my previous post, it's most likely a database issue, and someone needs to go into the individual account of each person having trouble to see what the hangup is. The problem is on FitBit's end, not the user. No doubt you and everyone else have been through this entire thread and have seen that some of the fixes have worked for many people. However, there are quite a few people for whom none of the fixes have worked. I will give them credit for being both intelligent and competent and believe that they have taken all the steps that they say they have, but with no results. Someone needs to review the account and the data for those specific individuals.
Best Answer
Hi. I'm not getting "stuck" anywhere. The text notifications do NOT work and this is my 3rd Alta and 2nd phone.
Best Answer