Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise not being logged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit alta. Everything has been working brilliantly and its been automatically recognizing my exercise and when i sync it appears on my dash board. Noticed the last couples of days my alta would not sync. Did the usual reset it and rebooted the phone and nothing. Ended up removing the device and readding it. The device now syncs but the exercise which registers on the alta will not appear on my dashboard and then disappears off my alta like i never did it. Im kinda stuck as i have my alta synced up with my fitness pal app to track everything. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Lottie1985, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post, your patience troubleshooting this matter prior to posting is appreciated. To clarify this issue, can you please let me know if the activity that's not being logged is the one that's directly synced from your device or the one with MyFitnessPal? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? With which specific activities you experienced this? Lastly, which mobile device are you using?

In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the Fitbit app:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the operating system version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing this same issue as of Tuesday of this week. I've tried doing the same. Also tried syncing my Fitbit at work, while working out and at home. It's not logging my workouts.  I participate in a program at work that I need to reduce my health expenses so this is critical that I have this issue resolved as soon as possible.  My benefits coordinator who also participates is also having the same problem!!! I have to complete a certain amount of steps monthly and if I'm missing one step it voids the rest out and I don't get credit for that month!! Please help as I'm nearing  the end of this month and it's not calculating my steps correctly.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had exactly the same issue! I’ve been back and forth on Twitter with tech support. Their final answer was to manually log exercise. Just forget auto-recognize because it’s not working. But why?! It used to work pretty well. Are they not supporting Alta so we upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes