Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
My Alta has worked fine until the last couple of weeks. The text vibration notification has stopped vibrating. It still vibrates for calls and goal achievements, so I know the vibration works. However text vibration is one of the main reasons I got the Alta. Need to be able to glance to see who is texting without having to be rude to a client. I've tried removing device from the app and then reconnecting. I've tried removing the device from Bluetooth and then reconnecting. Please tell me there is something I'm just not doing right and that its not broken, I've only had it less than 6 months. Looks like others are having the same problem. Has there been a "fix" for it yet? Thanks, Tracy
Best Answer

@TQuilla I haven't experienced issues with my Alta and receiving notifications but thanks for the feedback. I will pass it along to the appropriate team.

@DrPhilene Thanks for taking the time to try the troubleshooting tips I provided. As that hasn't worked for you, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and letting them know what you've tried already. I am confident they will be able to provide you with further options to help get you on track.

@Thump Have you tested it by sending yourself several text messages? Odd that it isn't vibrating for text notifications but it is for an alarm. Let's try restarting the Alta and then trying it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, tried sending myself messages and that did not work. I just restarted it following the directions given and that didn't work. What now?

Tracy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit I have all of my notifications shut off and for some reason I am still receiving them. Is there some sort of update I need to complete? It has been a while since I used my fitbit - can that be having some effect? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thump Thanks for testing out the notifications. At this point, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and letting them know the details of your troubleshooting efforts and the results. I am fully confident that they will be able to provide you with some options to get back on track. Again, thank you for trying the suggested testing.

@MrsRis So you're trying to turn the notifications OFF instead of ON? You should be able to toggle the settings to OFF and also log out and log back into the app. If that doesn't resolve it, try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Keep me in the loop.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! I am having issues with my calendar notifications on my Fitbit. I am randomly receiving them. Then I receive the same one numerous times throughout day. I have double tapped, rotated my wrist, and let the notification run it's course. Nothing seems to get it to stop?
thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
After reading all these issues that everyone is having with, text, calls and calendar, I don't feel too bad that I can't get mine to work either. It is beyond the scope of what this little device can do well. The intent was there but it is very clear that the Alta has challenges doing these other functions.

I'm just going to use mine as a tracker. Too bad the marketing pitched these other features as a selling perk, when it in fact it is buggy. Maybe someday an update will get them working but I'm not holding my breath!
Best Answer

@Kristan125 Have you tried toggling the calendar notification OFF and then ON? I recommend giving that a try and letting me know if that helps.

@SunsetRunner Have you tried the troubleshooting suggestions listed here for call/text notifications? Those tips should help get you back to receiving your notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
😊 Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Is this compatible with the new phone like Moto Z and I phone 7. When I turn this on is when my Alta stops syncing to the moto z force
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MzPatch You can keep track of the full list of our compatible devices and compatible features here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have it in all day snyc?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes

Philene
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine will vibrate and will say new messages but won't show me the name of the sender OR the message 😞 that is one of the reasons I wanted the alta
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an alta after having a Charge HR (which I loved, but got unglued). The alta looks great, but I HATE the way the notifications work on alta.

Why do I have to double tap on the alta to see the notification? What if I'm doing something else at the time or my other hand is occupied? 

I also don't use the quick view. I don't use the alta (or the Charge I had previously) as a watch. 

I just want to see the notifications as they appear. 

I'm afraid I'll have to return my alta if this is not fixed. It seems that many alta users are complaining about the same thing. Can you guys implement this small but absolutely necessary feature?

Thanks!

Best Answer
I exchanged my Fitbit One for the Fitbit Alta because the Fitbit Alta gave phone notifications from android phones. Only to find my Huawei P8 lite is not yet compatible !! Can you give me any hope that this is being Addressed !!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit says Bluetooth pairing required, I tap set up and nothing happens. It is syncing with my phone, sleep, steps etc and on Bluetooth it says -
Alta connected but it is still saying set up pairing - how do you do this please?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry can't help, my set up went straight forward apart from notifications!
Still waiting on Fitbit to to sort it out!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you ever find a solution??
Best Answer
0 Votes
I paired,unpaired,rebooted, restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled and did about everything...no notifications whatsoever n yes I've checked my device is supported! 😞 exasperated
Best Answer
0 Votes