Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to host a corporate Step Challenge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I would like to host a corpoate step challenge using our fitbits tomorrow for 400 people.  How can I go about doing this since we are not all friends on fitbit?

thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's nice to have you here @AshleyAndersen In this case I suggest creating a group, to do so you need to do the following: 

1. Log into your dashboard, then click the Community tab at the top of the page.
  2. Scroll down to "Groups." Here you can see the groups you already belong to, if any.
  3. Click the Create a Group link and give your group a name and optional description.
  4. Choose your privacy settings. Your group can be public, public by invitation only, or private.
  5. Click Create. The group page appears where you can add members, view the leaderboard, and participate in discussions.

Then, you can invite member to join by following these steps, it doesn't matter if they are not your Fitbit friends:

1. Go to the group page.
  2. In the Members box at the bottom of the page click invite members.
  3. Invite up to 10 members at one time by entering their email addresses and clicking Send.

There's no limit to add members to your group. You may also check our Corporate Wellness program for future options. 

Happy stepping! Good luck in the challenge! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of 9/2020, this info doesn't seem accurate. I just created the group in my app as directed above, but there is no "members box" at the bottom of the page, and no place to enter in email addresses - you can only invite people you are currently friends with. Additionally, in the app there's no place to update the privacy settings of my group - it just defaults to a closed group and there's nowhere to change this. Do you have to have a premium membership in order to access these things? Is there another way?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Graylog A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

As mentioned, the information provided above is no longer valid, those were groups that showed in the Fitbit Dashboard. However, now you're able to create closed groups and invite people that you're friends with, learn more about it by checking this article: What should I know about closed groups in the Fitbit Community? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer