Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT Action to Log Water

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking for a faster way to log water into my Fitbit profile, since I don't want to tap into the app, tap the plus, tap on water, tap my water size and finally tap save - a minimum of 5 taps per log.  

I was able to use the Workflow iOS app to create a simpler interface for myself (tap Workflow shortcut, type number of ounces, tap done), but it doesn't have a way to share that data to Fitbit.  It can log water in the HealthKit app that easily, but that doesn't help Fitbit know about the water I drank.

One way to allow this to work would be to allow IFTTT to write water logged data to Fitbit, so then I could use the Workflow to trigger the IFTTT action.  Another way this could work is by including a URL scheme for the Fitbit iOS app that would look something like fitbit://log?waterqty=10&waterunit=floz (to log 10 fluid ounces of water).  Yet another way would be to integrate the Fitbit app directly with the Workflow app itself for logging water (and potentially weight as well).

Are any of these integration options possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @angelim, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Logging water though iOS Healthkit wont work as a workaround since Fitbit does not currently have plans to integrate with HealthKit, I would recommend to review this feature suggestion in order to express your feedback for the integration in a near future.

On Android is possible to add a widget to quick add water, but if you have iOS this platform does not allow widget functionality from Fitbit.

I appreciate your workaround recommendations, although this is something that will require further review to see if are viable options. The easy way I saw this can work is to create Widgets in a similar way it works on Android. Perhaps you can give your feedback about this idea on the following suggestion: Widgets (iOS 10).

See you around and thank you for your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes