Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT Intergration not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using IFTTT to sync my fitbit Aria weights to Apple Health. I do this since Sep 23, 2018. But the last succesful run was on Jun 13, 2021. Now I'm getting "There was a problem with the trigger." for the fitbit Trigger "New Weight Logged.".

Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I went into IFTTT and disconnected and reconnected my Fitbit service. I then created a new applet that did the exact same thing as the old one did. This morning it's working correctly. However I can't use the old applet anymore - IFTTT archived it (probably because it failed so much) and I can't get IFTTT to unarchive it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Same problem, I think. I received alert emails from IFTTT saying I was also having issues. I've been using it without problem for years and haven't changed anything on my end.

Best Answer

Same problem. I have two IFTTT applets for Fitbit - one that syncs to Strava and one that syncs to Google Sheets. Both began failing after 8 PM Eastern on June 19, 2021. I get the "There was a problem with the trigger" error

Best Answer
That might be also the time since when it’s not working for me. I’m syncing my Aria weights to apple Health. I do this on a weekly basis, so I discovered the Error on Sunday 20 of June at 6 am (GMT+2).
Best Answer

Same issue - InspireHR to iPhone to Google Sheets for sleep and daily activity...trigger not working since June 13th

Best Answer

Automatically track your Fitbit weight logs in a Google spreadsheet by Fitbit has been failing for me since yesterday.

Best Answer

Haven't stepped on my Aria for a while but realized today my last successful sync was on 17 June 2021. I'm seeing a message here from fitbit that says "We identified a temporary interruption to syncing and receiving notifications from the Fitbit app on your Android phone. Thanks for your patience while we work to fix this." I don't have an Android phone so it's difficult to know how much of the diagnostic is meaningless.

Also realized that there was an iOS update to the fitbit app on the 17th (3.43.1) so that's probably what broke things.

Best Answer

Mine also broke temporarily, but started logging to google sheets again on the 25th.

Best Answer
Still not working for me again. Did you change anything, or is it working again without any changes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When it first broke, I tried unlinking / re-linking fitbit in ifttt, but it was still broken for a while after that, not sure if it did anything.

I'm using the IFTTT: Log New Weight To Google Drive Spreadsheet by cpivik

Best Answer

I went into IFTTT and disconnected and reconnected my Fitbit service. I then created a new applet that did the exact same thing as the old one did. This morning it's working correctly. However I can't use the old applet anymore - IFTTT archived it (probably because it failed so much) and I can't get IFTTT to unarchive it.

Best Answer

OK, followed your way to solve the Problem. Deleted the the connection to Fitbit in IFTTT and also deleted the connection in Fitbit. Recreated the Applet and did a check now. I'm no longer getting a failure notice. Have not tested with my Aria but things are looking good.

Best Answer

I Think it's getting archived because you deleted the Connection to Fitbit and recreated it. When the connection to Fitbit is deleted the applet is not able to work any longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IFTTT archived the applet before I tried any of those steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having problems using two Aria-based applets, "Sync your Fitbit Aria weigh-ins to Health" and "Update Strava weight from Fitbit". Still getting "There was an error during check process" even though I've dis/reconnected and am using a freshly created applet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it to work once, we'll see how it is going forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes