Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT - Trigger the end of an activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would be possible create a new FitBit trigger for IFTTT to trigger the end of an activity?

So would be possible at end of each workout we do some action/integration.

Thanks!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @nandotess it is nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Note that we do not create these actions, since many of the features with these integrations are developed by the owner of these services. In the case of creating a new trigger would be necessary to approach to IFTTT, since many of the triggers pull data with certain achievements on your Dashboard, in this case would be require to create an action and for this only logging weight is available from IFTTT.

Also In case this is possible, it would be necessary to create a recipe in IFTTT, however we do not have any of this information to share with you.

For other questions please review our Third Party Apps - FAQ.

See you later and stay tuned to our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, Roberto! I didn't know IFTTT is the responsible for creating new triggers since the trigger is called by the origin (FitBit). I will research more about it and talk with IFTTT. Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm also interested in this, please respond in this thread if you find out more

Best Answer

I wanted to also enter exercise with one push and tried using the Workflow app to trigger IFTTT.  I came to a dead end as it still requires a Fitbit “recipe” and only logging weight is available.   Aria Scales do this already🤗.  

Still looking at options and will let you know if I get it working.  

Best Answer

Hello there @nandotess, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @vcheplygina and @AussieMan9.

In this case just to clarify, we do not developed recipes for IFTTT neside the one we have available already. in fact this integration doesn't figure among the officially supported apps. However this doesn't mean it won't work, since there are tons of apps that uses our open API. The only difference is that the information we have available is very limited, hence is recommendable to contact IFTTT Support.

For more information feel free to review our Fitbit Recipes, to see if the trigger you are looking for is available.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto.

Thanks for your answer, but probably we are not clear in our question I guess. Or maybe we actually don't know what we are doing.

I know you (Fitbit) don't develop any integration with IFTTT. But to be possible IFTTT or any developer build an integration integrated with the workout ends, we need at least a trigger from Fitbit.

I'm a developer, I'm already using FitBit with IFTTT and other solutions, but this specific part we don't know how to proceed without the Fitbit trigger.

Anyway, thanks for your support. I will let the community knows if I find the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes