Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration issues between Pact and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems that I'm having integration issues between Pact and Fitbit. It says that my connection has expired, and that I need to reconnect. I've done that several times. I've even gone so far as to unistall both apps, Fitbit and Pact a couple times, trying to see if that will work. It acts like it's connecting, but it nver syncs up for me.

I've been on vacation with Pact since like the beginning of October until this is fixed. I thought about using the Moves app, but I can't seem to get that one figured out.

Help?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue. I was told just now by Pact support that it is a known issue they are working on and they'll post on their Facebook when it's fixed. The only issue I see on their Facebook is from August, I'm hoping it's not the same issue and it's taken 3+ months to resolve! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did find a temporary solution to how you can still use Pact until they get their integration issue fixed.

If you have access to a gym like Plant Fitness, you can us the Gym part of the app.

If you're having to exercise around your home, you just have to use the motion tracker part of the app. You just have to be very active when you're using the motion tracker part.

You just have to make sure to get 30 minutes within an hour and a half for that workout to count towards your Pact goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I've done both of those to make sure I meet my pacts but it's so much easier when the sync just works!! I came from being a longtime Jawbone user and it was so nice to have the steps automatically count towards my pact.

Pact support did let me know that the issue is apparently with the newer and much older versions of Android. I'm on Marshmallow (v6) and experience the issue. It seems to be with the Fitbit authorization process where Pact is not able to properly save the authorization. They don't have an expected date for a fix yet. Smiley Sad

I have found a good workaround though that I tried last night and it seems to be working so far. Using my husband's Ipad, I downloaded the Pact app and linked Pact to Fitbit there. Once the authorization was saved on the Ipad, I'm able to now sync using my Android. I haven't gotten any error messages and I'm seeing activities being imported. I was even able to delete Pact from the Ipad so it seems to be a one time setup deal.  I think it will continue to work as long as I don't disconnect my Pact and Fitbit. So, if you have access to an Iphone or Ipad, this might work for you to at least get that authorization to save. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I've had a few issues with Pact, including this syncing issue now that I've just bought a Fitbit, and they use that "known issue we're working on" thing every time but the issues never get fixed.  My impression is they've given up developing it and are just sitting back making money off people not completing their Pacts.

Think it's time to cash the money and get rid of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes