Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with Weight Watchers App (Doubles Up on Points)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
In addition to steps I like to track activities on my Fitbit ( e.g., walks, elliptical). When I do that the Fitbit app tells me how much my activity was of total steps. However, it feeds my Weight Watchers app so that I get full points for my total steps and it also gives me full points for the activity, therefore doubling up on points. Is there a way you can make it so I can track my activities and it won't double count the steps?
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @tmjr are you getting duplicate entries on your Logged Activities page and Fitbit app? What are the activities you are getting duplicates with?

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The activities on my Fitbit are accurate (e.g., total steps, walks, elliptical, spinning, etc.). The duplication comes when these feed into my Weight Watchers app. I will get points for each activity logged into my Fitbit plus points for total steps, even though some of theses activities are included in my total step count (e.g., a walk using GPS).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tmjr Thanks for the details. The best advice here would be to contact Weight Watchers directly so they can investigate why you're getting duplicate information. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Silvia,

I reached out to them before I contacted Fitbit and they told me it was because of Fitbits auto sensing so I turned it off but that didn't help.

I actually think it's a Fitbit issue. The Fitbit knows that my that a GPS walk is a part of my total steps but it doesn't seem to covey that in the interface. I pretty disappointed because now I can't use the Fitbit the way I want to.

Maybe rather than punting back to weight watchers you can work with them to figure it out because if it's not figured out I may not purchase another Fitbit.

Tom
Best Answer

I'm in the same boat, and am getting REALLY tired of being punted back and forth from FitBit to WeightWatchers and back. 

FitBit tells me it's a WeightWatchers problem, and WeightWatchers tells me it's a FitBit problem.

You guys get together and sort this thing out! We are the customers here, not Beta-testers of your buggy apps. Figure out how to make this work, or I'm gonna drop both company's products (and I've been a user for years).

Best Answer

Hi guys @tmjr and @dmwierz, how are you doin' today? 

I understand that you may feel that you are going back and forth with us and with Weight Watchers, however, this issue is something that is out of Fitbit hands, since it seems that your information is logging well when you sync your tracker and update the data on the Fitbit app, so as my friend @SilviaFitbit mentioned, please contact Weight watchers directly. 

Let me know the resolution! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have gone to Weight Watchers and Fitbit and I've told each of you the issue. Why should I have to keep going back and forth with Fitbit and Weight Watchers, don't you think it would be in both Fitbit and Weight Watcher's best interest to work together and fix this?

You may want to escalate this to senior management.

Thanks,
Best Answer

I am also having this issue. And have also been bounced fro Fitbit to WW and back.  I think it did work properly for a while and rather recently started double counting. I switched off the automatic sending of the activity and it still double counts.  

Best Answer
0 Votes