Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MyFitnessPal able to sync previous data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got My Fitness Pal and Fitbit to sync with the calories after it hasn't been working since December 2016, and the calories are syncing now but just for "today", and none of the previous days after December '16. Is there a way to fix this? There are full logs in MFP, so there is definitely info to be transferred over. Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello there @Kaleena, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community. Glad to read you were able to sync your MyFitnessPal with your Fitbit Dashboard.

In this case your information won't sync retroactively, so all your past data from 2016 won't be transferred to your Fitbit Dashboard, only current date and beyond.

Hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto - why is there no way to synch or transfer old data over to Fitbit.  I have had terrible problems synching data.  When I got first got my LG V30, it automatically synched until a software update (not sure whether it was for MFP or my phone).  But after that synching data has been a huge problem.  Isn't there some way to get that old data over to Fitbit?

Best Answer

That is a complete non-solution answer. Will there be any efforts to enable previous syncing?

Best Answer

I agree that we should be able to sync previous.data. I have a long history with MFP!

Best Answer

Has any thought been put into adding this yet? I've had issues with myfitnesspal becoming desynced and years of data disappeared from my dashboard.

Knowing that fitbits and other trackers notoriously overcount calories i was hoping to use long term data to gauge just how accurate it is, but now I can only go back a couple of months.

Best Answer