Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 3rd party application that will work on the Surge for true Golf GPS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is all kind of new to me. I have not even figured out how to turn on the Golf Application in the watch. But I read in some other questions and answers that the watch program does not tell you the yardage to the green. 

I have two questions. I gather that there is a Golf part of the Exercise part of the application. I have tried everything. I do not have a program on my phone. I am running Windows 10, and have not found a place to download it. Do I need to download a program in order to properly  run the watch? If so, where do I get it? 

Secondly, is there a third party application that is a true Golf GPS? If it is a true Golf GPS, it will tell the yardage of holes, and to the green. GPS is worthless on the golf course if it doesn't do that simple feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @DavidWTexas, nice to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community! Yes you are correct, the Fitbit Surge provides an exercise shortcut to track your session. In this case since your Surge has GPS built in you do not need an additional software to enable this feature.

- You need to access to your online Dashboard and log in with your Fitbit account credentials.

- Go to your tracker settings located in the right upper corner with a gear shape icon and select your Surge.

- Open the menu of Exercise Shortcuts ans click Edit

- Removed one exercise you do not use and select Golf

Capture.PNG

- Save and remember to sync to apply the changes to your tracker.

This will enable your tracker to read your activity with GPS and it will give you the distance based on the metric configuration you have either Miles or Kilometers, elevation and your regular information the you get from your Surge like steps, calories and so on.

About your second question, I haven't seen an official supported app optimized to track golf sessions. It is possible there is one out there, but these integrations are not officially supported, in the case of non-officially supported apps we do not have more information to share with you.

Hope this helps and see you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes