Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking fitbit with map my run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had problems with the fitbit app showing incorrect distances when I'm running so I've gone back to using map my run, which I have linked with my fitbit.  However, I can't work out how to get the info from map my run onto my fitbit account so it will show the activity.  Can someone please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@saraj1904 Welcome to the Community! MapMyRun information won't sync to Fitbit, just Fitbit will sync to MapMyRun. 

You're not going to get the same distance in MapMyRun and Fitbit because the third-party integration app will track the distance based in a GPS instead Fitbit will track your stats based in your personal information. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi

jut got my new FitBit charge HR and already a user of Map my run. for some years now

my Q- if Mapmyrun wont synch data to fitbit, is there any similar running app that will so can see worksouts in fitbit?

thanks

gavin

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gavinda Thanks for stopping by! We have this list of supported apps by Fitbit. We have MyFitnessPal that those activities will sync to Fitbit or Endomondo. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer

So does this mean that I don't need to record my workout if Fitbit already counted my steps?  What about the "3 of 6 days" weekly exercise part?  Don't I still need to record the workout?  I don't want to count the same exercise twice though...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jessegraham2010 Welcome to the Community! That's correct. You can record your exercise if you want the specific details that you did for that specific time. When you put the tracker into exercise mode it doesn't mean you're tracking an exercise twice. It just means that you want to know the specific information that period of time. 

Could you provide me more details about what you mean by " What about the "3 of 6 days" weekly exercise part?" Are you referring to Challenges or to the weekly data?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

My "Map My Walk" exercise activities haven't been syncing.  How do I rectify this?  It's super frustrating - shouldn't depend upon the app or the exercise you're doing for the Charge to sync easily and automatically...

Please help.

Thank you!

** EDITED to ask:  What is FitBit Mobile Track and what's it purpose?  How is it different and/or better than the typical FitBit app for iPhone?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smee81 I've moved your post to an ongoing thread about your question, mapmywalk, run, ride, fitness, hike, dog are all the same. 

Please read above for clarifacation on what data syncs between the two. 

As for mobile track that is part of the fitbit app and uses the phone as a replacement tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Rich_Laue!  Where was it moved to so I can look at the thread?
Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scroll up 3 posts, are go to your post hostory, but the email link took you straight to it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes