Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Cycling via Endomondo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just tried recording a couple of bike rides using Endomondo syncing to Fitbit. The calorie count gets pulled in correctly with no problems and the heart rate from my Charge HR is also displayed as part of the activity, but there is one problem.

The Fitbit is mistakenly tracking steps while I'm cycling, so at the end of the day I get a crazily high step count. Is the Endomondo integration converting the effort used into a steps equivalent, or should the steps just be discarded. If the latter then how? The activity shows 0 steps as you'd expect from a third-party app, but it's not being discounted from the days total.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ajh499 When you have a Fitbit tracker that has the heart rate feature on it, you don't need to log this activity in your Dashboard because your heart rate should give you an accurate amount of calories burned. However, as I mentioned before the steps that are going to be tracked won't be deleted even when you log biking. If you log driving, this will delete calories burned and the other info so personally I should just leave the steps tracked there and don't log anything. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Allow me to help you @ajh499 When you're cycling Fitbit will track some steps because you're wearing it while you're biking. Since you're using Endomondo I would recommend not using your Fitbit Charge HR while you're biking instead just use Endomondo because Endomondo is syncing the activity but it's not deleting the steps that you're getting from your tracker. 

Hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply@SilviaFitbit.

Is there no way to delete steps once they're recorded, it would seem to be a bit of a shame to lose the heart rate trace while cycling. Surely that should provide a better value for calories burned than the estimate from Endomondo?

Best Answer

@ajh499 Yes, you can delete steps by logging driving as an activity in your Dashboard, check this article. However, when you log cycling this activity won't delete steps. You can either log the activity from Fitbit or Endomondo, they will be accurate because you're logging them to improve the calories burned that you're going to get. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What exactly does the Bike activity do on a Charge HR? Does it calculate calories burned from your heart rate or does it use the (erroneous) step count? Also, why doesn't it remove the steps?

Thanks

Best Answer

Anyone? Surely someone from Fitbit support must know what the Bike activity does?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ajh499 When you have a Fitbit tracker that has the heart rate feature on it, you don't need to log this activity in your Dashboard because your heart rate should give you an accurate amount of calories burned. However, as I mentioned before the steps that are going to be tracked won't be deleted even when you log biking. If you log driving, this will delete calories burned and the other info so personally I should just leave the steps tracked there and don't log anything. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Can we request a change to delete steps when cycling.
Best Answer

It seems mad that steps aren't already deleted when a cycling activity is logged.

It's especially annoying as even if you take your fitbit off and put it in a pocket or bag, it still logs steps

Best Answer

@GregorEAU @ajh499 It's great to see you around! That's a great idea and it will be great that when you log cycling it could delete those steps taken, I would like you to visit our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas on the board soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is already a suggestion on the ideas board to remove the steps counted while cycling, see here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Option-to-remove-steps-earned-when-cycling/idi-p/89...

Al

@Silvia wrote:

@GregorEAU @ajh499 It's great to see you around! That's a great idea and it will be great that when you log cycling it could delete those steps taken, I would like you to visit our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas on the board soon. 

ex

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does all my activities (cykling, running and so on) register as steps on endomondo ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dagham Welcome to the Community! Fitbit will sync steps and distance to Endomondo and Endomondo will sync sleep and activities to Fitbit. I'm not sure what exactly are you seeing in your Endomondo account. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem. When I record on my fitbit surge hr for example eliptical training, in endomondo it show only walk not eliptical training. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xmanteam Welcome to the Community! Fitbit will sync steps, distance and sleep and Endomondo will sync activities to Fitbit. That's why you're seeing just steps in Endomondo instead of the whole activity. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But why cant you programme that workouts will sync? 

I bougt my Fitbit charge to a supplyment to my endomondo account. I want to see heartrate, and it is easier to have a clock than put on this pulse band every time. And thougt all the other things my fitbit registrer is a bonus. 

So if im starting a workout by endomondo while i training, will they sync tha heartrate then? or will it still be steps in a alone log? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MissMiaP A warm welcome to the Community! Each third-party app will sync a different feature to Fitbit. 

Fitbit will sync steps, distance and sleep to Endomond and Endomondo will sync just activities to Fitbit. 

If you use your tracker and Endomondo at the same, the activity will go to your Dashboard. However, it won't the heart rate that was tracked from your Charge HR won't be in the same activity. So, the data will be override. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes