Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Exercise with MyFitnessPal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do I need to manually log my exercise or workout to MyFitnessPal? I have started using the Inspire HR and syncing with MFP with negative calories enabled. But I'm confused that whether or not my calorie burn from my circuit training is being relayed onto MFP from my fitbit? Does the fitbit tracker calorie adjustment only take into account calories burned from steps? Please help! It's all a bit confusing 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tania10, I'm glad to see you here. Welcome! Cat Happy

I'll do my best to help you out with your questions about MyFitnessPal and the Fitbit app to track calories burned. You have a really good point in your post. Since we need to check how these two apps communicate each other.

• MyFitnessPal will transfer activities, food and weight to Fitbit app.

MFP.PNG

• Fitbit app will transfer steps and weight to MyFitnessPal.

fitbit.PNG

Most of users prefer to track all activities in the Fitbit app and keep using MyFitnessPal to track food information. So they can check how many calories they have for the day in the Fitbit App using the Fitbit Food Plan.

In your case, as you're checking all this information on MyFitnessPal. If you're getting negative calories there, it means that calories burned that your Fitbit Inspire HR is transferring is to low comparing with the amount of calories that you're longing in MFP. I'd recommend leaving negative adjustments off if you don't sync your device until night. If you leave it on it's because you sync your Fitbit device various times at day. 

You can also read more information about it here.

Fitbit will transfer to MFP only steps tracked by your Inspire HR. If you do extra activities or workouts that are not being recognized by your Fitbit device, you will need to log the information manually in MFP. Please make sure that you're tracking all your workout with your Inspire HR properly: How do I track exercise and activity with my Fitbit device?

By the way, I've moved your post to our Third-Party Integrations board to have the Forums organized.

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Tania10, I'm glad to see you here. Welcome! Cat Happy

I'll do my best to help you out with your questions about MyFitnessPal and the Fitbit app to track calories burned. You have a really good point in your post. Since we need to check how these two apps communicate each other.

• MyFitnessPal will transfer activities, food and weight to Fitbit app.

MFP.PNG

• Fitbit app will transfer steps and weight to MyFitnessPal.

fitbit.PNG

Most of users prefer to track all activities in the Fitbit app and keep using MyFitnessPal to track food information. So they can check how many calories they have for the day in the Fitbit App using the Fitbit Food Plan.

In your case, as you're checking all this information on MyFitnessPal. If you're getting negative calories there, it means that calories burned that your Fitbit Inspire HR is transferring is to low comparing with the amount of calories that you're longing in MFP. I'd recommend leaving negative adjustments off if you don't sync your device until night. If you leave it on it's because you sync your Fitbit device various times at day. 

You can also read more information about it here.

Fitbit will transfer to MFP only steps tracked by your Inspire HR. If you do extra activities or workouts that are not being recognized by your Fitbit device, you will need to log the information manually in MFP. Please make sure that you're tracking all your workout with your Inspire HR properly: How do I track exercise and activity with my Fitbit device?

By the way, I've moved your post to our Third-Party Integrations board to have the Forums organized.

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer