Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging a walk with fitbit and mapmywalk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I am very new to fitbit. Previously I have been tracking my walks through mapmywalk which was connected with MYfitness pal so it would update it automatically. Now i have a fitbit and I am uncertain whether I still need to use mapmywalk or if the fitbit app will keep track of everything and send it to Myfitnesspal?

Today I manually turned on my fitbit for a walk and turned on mapmywalk. The results in MYfitnesspal showed on the first lime 142min walking and burned 1027 cal, then the line below it shows the fitbit tracker calorie adjustment  wih 14000 steps and an extra 800 calories burned. This totals to 1850calories which seems like quite a lot.

I was just looking for some guidance on to how to most axcurately track my walks.  I have a fitbit Blaze.

I also push a stroller so I'm wondering if my steps are getting counted when my hand is on the handle?

Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

As for calories have, have you looked at the pinned post above at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/MyFitnessPal-How-to-correct-calorie-discrep...

As for steps and a carrage, the arm may not be moving correctly to count steps, calories are still determined by the heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes