Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost steps after syncing with Running for Weight Loss App.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I walked/ran for 2.6 miles and when I came back home my fitbit said I had over 5,000 steps and 2.6 miles.  Then I synced the Running for Weight Loss app with Fitbit and my steps went down to 990 and miles to .1.  It also changed my steps for the other 2 times I used the Running... app and dropped them way down.  How do I get my steps back?  I am currently in a community competition for steps and since I've now lost over 15,000 steps, this messes up the stats for both myself and my team.  Can anyone help me out?  Not sure why my steps would go away like this...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome @hottamal. It's great to see you around. Please be aware that activities recorded with the Fitbit app or manually logged activities can override the data tracked with your Fitbit device. If you delete the activity you should be able to recover the missing steps. Hope this helps.

Catch you later. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi-

Did you get to the bottom of this?  I can't tell whether it's better to sync the two or just let my Fitbit record as usual.

Thx!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm interested in the answer as well. Same thing happened to me. My overall steps for the day are much greater than those I get using the run for weight loss app- but the app seems to override. If that's how it works, what is the advantage of syncing them?

Best Answer

I have had the same thing happen to my fitbit stats. I went into my fitbit app, selected the exercise and deleted it.  This fixed my steps for the day. Personally, I am unlinking my running for weight loss app.  It stinks that it is over-writing but I haven't been able to find any other solution.  Good luck!!

Best Answer
Thanks! I agree! At this point I don't see any advantage in linking the apps! I'm. I'm unlinking too. Happy running!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had over 18,000 steps today and I randomly decided to sync the running for weight loss app and now it says I have 12,000.  It took away steps from other days as well. I see on here people talking about "deleting the exercise", but I don't understand what they mean.  Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to go on your exercise activity and delete the exercise that Running For Weight Loss entered. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I had the same problem and going in and deleting the activity restored my steps!!! I have instances from Running for weight loss and will just continue to use both separately.

Best Answer
0 Votes