Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros not calculating with Platejoy sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My macro percentages haven’t been calculating properly ever since I started using Platejoy and syncing nutrition information directly from that app. I reported this problem in May and I haven’t gotten any kind of resolution other than ‘be patient, we don’t have a fix yet.’ Definitely not confident that customer support problem will ever resolve the problem at this point. Has anyone had this happen and fixed it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @Aloop923.

It does sound quite frustrating. It is possible that it is related to the information being transferred, or the way it is being transferred from one end to the other. Could you go a bit more in-depth into what exactly is going on with all of the macros? How exactly are they not calculating properly? I'd like to take a closer look at the situation,

If you haven't already, you could always try to remove the connection between the two and then connect them once again. It is possible that it could help with the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically it looks like the Platejoy information won't 'mesh' with information directly from the Fitbit database- ie, if I logged a Platejoy dish that is 20% protein 50% carbs 30% fat, and then I add a tablespoon of butter from the Fitbit database, the macro percentages show 100% of my calories being from fat because it is only counting the macros from the butter. The calories are always correct. It only happens on my app, not on the online dashboard. I already tried disconnecting and reconnecting, reinstalling apps, everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aloop923.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

As we try to support all 3rd party applications who integrate with the Fitbit Web APIs, the best option would be to get assistance from the 3rd party application vendor.  The problem could be related to how the 3rdparty application is integrated with Fitbit.  If the 3rd party application vendor needs help troubleshooting, they can contact Fitbit for assistance.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem only happens in the Fitbit app, the online Dashboard is always accurate. This is not Platejoy's problem but I will contact them since Fitbit is unwilling to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aloop923.

Thanks for mentioning that.

The Web Dashboard and the app both connect to the same servers and thus the same information has to display on both ends. It could be that the app is taking some time to download the correct data. You could try logging out of your account on the app and then logging back in. The information should be displayed in the exact same way then.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried that and it didn't fix anything. I have also completely deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app, reset the connection with Platejoy, deleted and reinstalled Platejoy, and the problem persists.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aloop923.

Thanks for trying to do all of that.

Given that PlateJoy isn't on the compatible apps list, there isn't much else we could do at the time. As I mentioned, since these types of apps are developed by the third parties they should be the ones able to check what is going on. 

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes