Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal with Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I just got a FitBit Versa and have linked it to my MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun accounts.

If I start a run activity in MapMyRun, will FitBit also log the steps?

And if so, will both activities be sent to MFP?

I don't want to double the activities (steps, calories etc) showing in MFP.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Terry1138, good to see you around again in the Fitbit Community! I found your post in our Versa board, so I took the liberty to relocate your concern to the Third Party Integrations, as your topic aling more with the content of this board.

I saw you have MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun connected to your Fitbit account. This is a good question if you want to have the most of all the apps you are using.

Note that the functionality depends on how the data will be share, as not all the integrations works in the same way.

In your scenario, data will sync from Fitbit to MapMyFitness programs. MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit though. 

Now with MyFitnessPal is different, to give you a quick overview, this is what you will get from these integrations: 

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

The only requirement here, is to be extra careful to make sure the data won't overlap between the accounts to create duplicate entries. To give you an example, is important to not connect MapMyRun with MyFitnesspal, since both accounts will received Fitbit's information and if these two other accounts shared data, it will share the same activity among themselves.

For more information regarding integrations please review this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post

Hope this helps, catch you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

Thank you very much for the explanation.

I have one more question.

If I want to use MapMyRun's map and coaching capabilities, would I need to start both MapMyRun and the Run exercise in my Versa when I go for a run?

Best Answer

Hi there @Terry1138, I saw you have an additional questions regarding MapMyRun and your Versa. This is a tricky questions to be honest. 

Based on your concern, you want to use the features of MapMyRun for your exercise and the Run exercise of your Versa.

So based on the rule, MMR doesn't send data but only receives information from your Fitbit account. So it's okay to track your exercise in MMR. Nonetheless this is the tricky part, you cannot use your Versa to track the same exercise, due to the same rule. Your Fitbit will send information to your MapMyRun account for the same exercise causing duplicate numbers, at least for steps, distance and calories; which is the information that your Fitbit account share with MMR. For more details review this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

So the straight answer would be to choose where you want to track your exercise, since it is not possible to use both apps for the same exercise based on the conditions that rule this integration.

My apologies for the late response and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes