Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapMyRun and MapMyFitness won't work with FitBit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been looking for a new Smartwatch for sometime to replace the Samsung Gearfit2 that stopped working some months ago.  I wanted one that worked with Endomondo (preferablly I could download the app to the Smartwatch and run from there like I could with the Samsung GearFit2).  Recently, Under Armour (UA) discontinued Endomondo and replaced it with MapMyFitness and MapMyRun, both of which track Horsebacking riding, the reason I wanted to use Endomondo in the first place.  So when I saw that the FitBit Sense on their official website said it works with MapMyRun, I decided to buy it.  However, no matter what I do, I can neither get the FitBit app on my phone to connect to MapMyFitness or MapMyRun, nor can I get either of those apps to recognize the FitBit Sense or app.  So, I cannot track my horseback riding realtime, the main reason I bought it in the first place.  Now on the FitBit Community Forum, the only place you can get non-canned support for the FitBit Sense or app, I have been told it doesn't support horseback riding, but to track another exercise in real time (ie. Walk) and then edit it afterwards.  What is even more ridiculous, is that horseback riding is selectable if you want to log a precious exercise, but cannot be selected to be tracked real time either from the FitBit app or the FitBit Sense.  And even the selection on the FitBit app, has only three options (run, walk, hike) vs the FitBit Sense, which has more, but not all of the same exercises that you can manually log into the app as a previous exercise.  It makes no sense to me that they cannot simple track all the same exercises on the app and the watch that you can enter manually, as they seem to have the built-in calculations already for calories burned based on time and distance and exercise type.  I find this very frustrating.  This is not the first time I have connected apps and watches together, so I know what I am doing.  I have managed to connect MyFitnessPal for food tracking to the FirBit app without issue.  So  how can I get MapMyRun and the FitBit App or Sense to work together, given the FitBit website says they do work together. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Time to contact MapMyFitness and ask them what is going on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already have.  My point is, the FitBit app says it's compatible, and there is no way even to connect it.  My MapRun neither recognizes the FitBit app nor the FitBit Sense.  How can I get support directly from FitBit?

Best Answer

Contact info may be found in the above right, or through the Fitbit app. 

However Fitbit will not be able to rewrite the code on mapmyfitness. 

What did they respond with? The connection needs to be done through them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so I searched online and found what I have to do.  I use MyFitnessPal to track calories.  I connected MyFitnessPal with MapMyFitness and MapMyRun.  MapMyFitness is connected to the FitBit app.  So, if I track a workout on MapMyRun or MapMyFitness, it updates MyFitnessPal.  Then MyFitnessPal updates the FitBit app.  Rather convoluted IMO.  At the end of the day, since the exercise I am tracking is in an app that doesn't work with the FitBit Sense HR monitor, the calories burned during the workout will be a very rough estimate.  In addition, since the FitBit app is already automatically recording my heart rate from the FitBit Sense during that time, I suspect it will now count both sets of calories burned I  the same timeframe, one from the FitBit Sense and the other from MapMyRun via MyFitnessPal.  I suspect it doesn't adjust for that either, combining them together to show the only one calorie number for that time frame.  As someone else suggested, I should just use the Walk exercise on the FitBit Sense and then got back and edit it in the FitBit app to horseback riding after (why I wanted MapMyRun in the first place).  I guess at least because it's using the HR monitor, the calories burned during my "Walk" would be more accurate than the estimate from MapMyRun which doesn't use the FitBit Sense HT monitor.  I still do not understand why, if the FitBit app allows you to enter horseback riding as an option for a previous exercise, that it can't be selected to be tracked in realtime.

Best Answer

I find no way to contact FitBit support.  They either send me to the Community Forum, send me to canned Help or send me to Twitter.  

Best Answer

Hi, had exactly the same problem. Fitbit says it links to mapmyrun but doesn’t. Contacted the mapmy… guys and they confirmed that this does not work at the moment. It’s been passed to the developers as a wish list request. Am going to see if I can do a mapmy->MyFitnessPal->Fitbit but am not convinced it will work seamlessly if at all and, like you, not live tracking. Will keep you posted if I find a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@trishcollins Twitter is the easiest and fastest way to connect unless you want to speak directly to a person. 

@Highland_Lass fitbit does not offer any live tracking feature. 

Maybe MMF should to update their web page

Screenshot_20210808-141811_Chrome.jpg

They use to link up with fitbit, but apparently decided not to anymore. 

Please remember that they, not Fitbit, are the managers of the link. Fitbit can only go by what they are told. 

Best Answer
0 Votes