Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapMyRun is not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to sync my fitbit versa to map my run, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have followed some instructions posted by others with this issue, but it doesn't seem to help. My app says that it is synced, but my workouts are not connecting. It also isn't allowing me to upload the map my run app to my fitbit, is it supposed to show up as one of my apps? Also, do I have to have the Map My Run app open while I'm running?

Thank you for any leads!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @nayy_omi, awesome to have you as a new member of the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response to your concern that MapMyRun doesn't seems to be working.

Third party integrations depends on what type of data are going to sync with your Fitbit Dashboard and how this will be reflected on your accounts.

The integration will sync from Fitbit to MapMyFitness programs. However MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit. 

MapMyFitness account will be updated each time Fitbit syncs. for more details, please refer to this post: MapMyRun / MapMyFitness

If you are tracking exercises with your Fitbit app or tracker, is not require to have  in the background MapMyRun in order for this to work. Just keep in mind the data that you will be able to see with this third party app and how it works with your Fitbit account.

Hope this helps and keep me posted if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My map my run isn’t showing my Fitbit runs. 

Best Answer

same for me , anyone know what the issue is ?

Best Answer

For some reason, I was never able to set up a working sync between Fitbit and MapMyRun (or MapMyFitness, as it is the same platform).
The solution I have found is this:

- As you probably know, MapMyRun, MapMyFitness, all the rest MapMy.... apps and Endomondo are using the same account. This means that they use the same user database, so If you have a MapMy.... account, you can use that account to login to Endomondo, too.

- So, I have set up Endomondo to sync with my Fitbit account: https://www.endomondo.com/settings/connect

- At the same time, at the same link, I have set up / connected "MapMyFitness / Record" to Endomondo.

This way, all my Fitbit data / activities / etc sync to Endmondo. Then Endomondo sends the same data to MapMyFitness / MapMyRun / MapMy....whatever.

I hope this helps you all 

p.s. I think it can work the same way with MyFitness Pal 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does FitBit not pull ANY information from MFP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try Endomondo then, I just want my fitbit to sync to it  it does starva great  

Best Answer