Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapmyride activity not showing in fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have done some searching but no luck.  I just got a fitbit and I just started to use mapmyride.  It is the same company as mapmyrun.  I have them linked via mapmyride app  account - simply visit My Workouts > Import Workout.  

The Mapmyride app shows it has sinked to my fitbit account.  When I look at activities I am not seeing my bike ride.  I am not sure what I am missing.  

Thanks for any help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@veener79 I found an alternative solution Smiley Wink You can link Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal to MapMyRide so the activities that you log in MapMyRide will go to MyFitnessPal and since you will have Fitbit connected with it the activities will sync. You'll link the three accounts in order to have your activities link to Fitbit and MapMyRide.

Let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@veener79 Thanks for stopping by! 

MapMyRide activity doesn't sync to Fitbit. Fitbit will sync distance and calories to MapMyRide. MapMyRide account will be updated each time Fitbit syncs Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thank you.  Is there a ridding app that works with Fitbit then?  Like being able to track the distance and bath.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@veener79 I found an alternative solution Smiley Wink You can link Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal to MapMyRide so the activities that you log in MapMyRide will go to MyFitnessPal and since you will have Fitbit connected with it the activities will sync. You'll link the three accounts in order to have your activities link to Fitbit and MapMyRide.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit - you're a lifesaver! I've been searching for a solution to this problem and yours is so elegant... Also adds the ability to track calories easier than the built in diary in fitbit.

Thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tombarbera I'm glad to hear that my reply helped you! Don't hesitate to visit the Community again if you have any question or just want to share any thought with us Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit -- does this also work with MapMyRun?  Is there a way for a run that I track with the FitBit app to sync the activity (NOT just the steps) to MyFitnessPal and then from MyFitnessPal to MapMyRun?  I would really like to be able to run with my Charge HR and FitBit app, and to have that run (NOT just the steps) with the map GPS data that FitBit records also sync to MapMyRun.....

FITBIT please please please develop bi-directional syncing of Activities (NOT just steps)!!  PLEASSSE!

Best Answer

@RandyWood84 Hey there! Yes the solution highlited above will work with MapMyRun too. Currently the data that will sync to any third-party app from Fitbit will be just steps and calories meaning that the whole activity won't sync to it. However, that's a great idea if you would like to post in our Ideas Board because this ideas are viewed directly by our engineers and developers. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit --- thanks.  I don't need another app tracking my "total steps".  That is useless to me--FitBit already does a great job at tracking my total steps.  What I want is the ability to connect my RUNS (i.e., "activities" on Fitbit) with the attached GPS to my feed in MapMyRun so that I can share with my other MapMyRun friends that I completed a run and get their encouragement.

I did suggest the syncing of activities to 3rd party apps in this post:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Sync-workouts-amp-activities-w-GPS-data-to-MapMyRun...

Please like it!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RandyWood84 Awesome, it's great to hear that you're enjoying how Fitbit is tracking your stats Smiley Happy. I appreciate that you already post the suggestion in the Ideas Board. 

Best Answer

But HOW do you link them to each other?  Help! Smiley Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Skyb1ue Linking MapMyRide and Fitbit? It's the same flow as all the other MapMyFitness apps. If you want rides to sync over to Fitbit though, you might want to consider using something like Strava.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

It used to work like this but no longer im synced with map my run map my ride and my fitness pal recently map my ride has stopped synching eevn though map my run seems to still sync.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Jhr3200.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced.

If you haven't done so, please revoke the access between Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun accounts. Then, connect them once again. For instructions, please visit this article.

Whether you continue having the same difficulties, you can reach out MyFitnessPal or MapMyRun customer support to see what information is synced between them.

I am going to close this thread because it's too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer