Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control and Notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get Spotify or my text messages on my tracker.   I just bought a new cellphone, hoping that it was my phone didn't have enough space or something.  So my new phone is a Pixel 32GB and even the guy at Verizon couldn't figure it out.  How do I get my messages?  How do I get Spotify?  Blue tooth is on.  

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Kvareporting, I've seen you just recently joined the Fitbit Community! Have you enable the options from your Fitbit app?

If you haven't, to enable the notifications in your Fitbit app please follow the instructions from this post. For music control is almost the same process. Please use this post as a walkthrough.

If you find both features are not working, even after enabling the options, please let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It says not connected. I don't think it works with Spotify

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kvareporting, thank you for keep me posted. I found odd this, since according to the information I have, Spotify shows as a compatible app. If you were previously able to control music but now see "Not connected" or "Connecting..." on your Surge, test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these troubleshooting tips:

• On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Surge (Classic) is connected. If you no longer see Surge (Classic) on the list, you need to set it up music control again.
  • Confirm that your mobile device is within about 20 feet of your Surge.
  • In the settings on your Surge, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your mobile device.

Catch ya later. Hope this helps and let me know if you already tried the previous steps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes