Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other apps connect workouts to MapMyRun

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn't the exported workout from Fitbit work nicely with other apps like MapMyFitness or MapMyRun... sync does not work and exported files don't work. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Bobbomcd, good to see you here! Many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services.

In the case  of MapMyFitness programs only the following information is going to sync:

Fitbit > Distance > MapMyFitness apps
Fitbit > Calories > MapMyFitness apps 

For more details please take a look at the following posts: Third Party Apps - Informational Post or Third Party Apps - FAQ.

See you until the next time. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I export my workout from the Fitbit website on my computer .. and import on the MapMyRun website on my computer, I get all of the information for my workout. 

When I use the app for both providers or a mobile device I get errors and incomplete information.

Garmin wearable trackers can directly sync to MapMyRun... if they can do it I'm sure you would be able to as well. Try working with them and fix the problem. 

Best Answer

Hello @Bobbomcd, thank you for your feedback. I was reading you were able to upload the data using the computer. So I believed this is an error in the mobile app, although I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but we do not own the integration, so we are not able to control this data since is not from our end.

In the post I shared before Third Party Apps - FAQ. there are more details and I quote: "Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app. Unless there's some sort of limitation on Fitbit's side (e.g. no Fitbit SDK), then it's safe to assume that the owner of the app is the one to contact if you're interested in seeing the integration improved"

Nonetheless you feedback is very valuable for us so I will share this information with my teammates.

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes