Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitness Pal not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

They stopped syncing a few hours ago. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can find; logging in and out, disconnecting and re-connecting, restarting... Is this happening to everyone?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Mine isn't either I have had this happen before. I think it took 3 days before I could finally get it to sync up.

Best Answer

My fitbit says it sync last night but it didn't.  It has been an off and on thing.  Very frustrated.  Want my walking to be recorded on MyFitnessPal.  Any answers or only questions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

That problem resolved itself after a few days, so I never got an answer to my problem and unfortunately can't help with yours. I hope it just starts working again for you soon as it did for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @monomoco. Welcome to the forums @kconder and @sillysalcre8s.

@monomoco Glad to read that everything seems to have been resolved. Thanks for letting us know what you had already tried.

@sillysalcre8s I'd recommend that you try to disconnect the two apps and then connect them once again. That should help so that the information starts syncing between the two. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - My Charge 2 stopped syncing with MFP a couple days ago.  I've logged in and out, deleted and reloaded the apps, disconnected and reconnected the device using the dashboard.  MFP seems to think it's connected and syncing, but theres no data transfer.  Frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi,

i have the same issue. The sync between MFP and Fitbit doesn't work correctly. Especially the Steps are either wrong or missing. And it seems the water sync doesn't work properly either. Disconnecting and Reconnecting didn't help.

What i noticed is that the last correct Step sync was on the day before i updated Fitbit on my mobile. 8.9 Steps are correct. 10.9 update Fitbit on iOS to Version 2.78 - Steps are there but wrong - in MFP it says 203 and it the Fitbit app it's 6.545. And today no Steps at all are synced.

For me it kinda looks like it's related to the new version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had issues with my One not syncing with my iPhone app. The data is flowing the other direction though. This is a reoccurring issue. Pretty sure it's a glitch on the MFP end.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank u 4 ur reply. Mine all of a sudden started to connect and then
yesterday after charging my fitbit it stopped synching even though it says
it synched. Very u reliable. Very disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been a intermittent long term problem. Last month it was happening every few days. Then it appeared to be solved. Until yesterday when it stopped syncing for several hours. I wa finally able to sync last night, but then it stopped again with no syncing at all today. All the suggestions given my MFP either don't work or only work for awhile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe that the number that MyFitnessPal puts in for exercise is some
algorithm that it takes from the number of steps you took that day and
translates it into calories earned. It is not step for step. So it adds
to the number of calories you can have since you burned so many walking.
IMHO
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that is was it is supposed to do. But it always shows both the steps from my Fitbit tracker, and the calories earned. Yesterday by the end of the day, it was off by more than 1,000 steps, therefore the calories earned calculation wasn't correct. Today it is not showing any steps or calories earned from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday, Sunday, no matter what I did it would not show calories earned.
Darn.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for trying the steps that I recommended.

Since the issue has persisted I'd say that the best way to go about this would be to get in touch with MFP directly. Given that these integrations are developed by the third parties, they should be able to figure out what is going on. If you do, please keep us posted on what they say.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes