Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal - editing baseline calorie amount

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At one time, I had MFP and Fitbit nicely synced to the point where my calorie surplus or deficit, when tracked over a period of a month or longer, when divided by 3500, would almost perfectly explain my weight loss or gain over that time. I did this though trial and error, calibrating it based on what actually happened to my weight versus what my calorie deficit/surplus said should be happening. That way, MFP's reported net calorie amount at the end of the day could be considered accurate. Basically, it just reports in the "exercise" number whatever I have burned above 2500 for the day. I.e. if fitbit says I've burned 2850, MFP will have an exercise number of 350 which it will deduct from my calorie intake and report back a net amount.

But lately it hasn't been accurate and I need to recalibrate it. I want it to only report as exercise anything over 2800 instead of the current 2500.

Only problem is, I don't know how to change this setting. I don't see it anywhere in Fitbit or MFP. I am not a premium member of either service, and I wonder if maybe this was something that has become a premium feature since I last changed it.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0