Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal not showing steps.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything says that my fitness pal and my surge are synced. Yet I always have to sign out and disconnect fitbit and then reconnect in order to show my steps in my fitness pal each day. Very frustrated.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@Aprinzessin Thanks for reaching out Smiley Happy I'll be happy to help you today.

I heard about syncing issues with MyFitnessPal but we cannot confirm it yet. According to your post, you were able to disconnect and reconnect both MFP and your Fitbit account again. Please make sure you're doing the correct process by following the steps below:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by clicking here.

Let me know if the steps work properly.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is exactly how i did it...it will work fine today, but tomorrow it
won't show my steps again on myfitnesspal.

--
>From Andrea
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aprinzessin Have you already contacted to MyFitnessPal support? If not, please do so. I will be investigating on my end but I'd like to know if they are also aware of this issue. Thanks!

P.S. Happy Holidays!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have the same exact issue
Samsung s5 using the surge.

It drive me insane so i removed the app. Tracking my intake via fitbit now
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner! I'm so sorry for the inconveniences between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. Are steps taken only being affected in this case or there is an issue with logged food as well?

Did you try the basic troubleshooting steps to fix this issue (unlinking and relinking both accounts)? If not, please do so by following the steps here.  

If you keep experiencing the same issue, please contact to MyFitnessPal Support and let them know about this odd behavior. Keep me informed if you're able to fix this or not. I'll be happy to lend you an extra hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just the steps. Its only syncing my water intake. Its not a deal breaker for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Hmmm I will investigate on my end, however, I'll appreciate if you can give a try to what I suggested before. Keep me posted about any updates Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the reply i received from MyFitnessPal;

Hello,

Thank you for following up and my apologies for any trouble. If your
exercises from Fitbit or any partner program are not moving from them to
MyFitnessPal we would encourage you to contact Fitbit directly. The way our
API works, the partner program is responsible for sending us any data
created within their program. Once we receive this data we display the
information in your Exercise Diary for them.

I have double checked and our API is currently running and data is moving
between the two programs.

Fitbit should be able to resolve the issue for you. You can reach them here
- http://help.fitbit.com

If Fitbit can not resolve the syncing issue for you, please contact us
directly - http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Best Regards,
Raymon
MyFitnessPalStaff
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aprinzessin Thank you so much for sharing that information. I'd need to check your Surge functionality and some internal logs to determine what's going on with your syncing behavior, that's for sure!

In the meantime, could you please confirm you've done the steps listed in this article? Make sure your tracker is syncing properly and that's syncing regularly. As soon as your "MFP integration" stays connected with your Fitbit, you should see your steps in the "check-in" section of MFP. With this, we understand you'll need to sync every day if you want to see your steps updated.

Let me know how the steps work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything listed in this post to try and get my fitbit and my fitness pal to sync. I get all the information synced from my fitness pal to fitbit but my steps don't show up anymore on my fitness pal. It worked fine before but ever since like December my steps don't register.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same problem.  And it happened right around the same time.  I thought I saw that my myfitnesspal app updated right around that time.  But when I look back at my history, one day it only showed like 20 steps or something (presumably the day this started) and then after that, nothing.  I too have tried all the steps listed here and have had no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've managed to get my steps to connect today by disconnecting and re-linking my accounts, but none of my steps since October have been copied across. Really annoying. Is there any way to update these missing steps?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've managed to get my steps to connect today by disconnecting and re-linking my accounts, but none of my steps since October have been copied across. Really annoying. Is there any way to update these missing steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem since I started using fitbit so no steps have been logged in myfitnesspal. Solved the problem today, on the myfitnesspal app menu, there is a tab for steps. Mine was set on mapmyfitness, not fitbit so I changed that, then disconnected and reconnected the accounts again and finally the steps are showing. Unfortunately doesn't show the steps from the past 3 months but better than nothing I guess:) 

Best Answer

I've been trying this.  Every time I re-add fitbit as the steps tracker, I come back to Apps and it says none selected.  It doesn't seem to save the fact that I picked the fitbit tracker.  Really annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the gear icon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon,

I have recently added Fitbit HR to MyFitnessPal.  (3 days now).  My steps are showing up but they are listed under Check-In instead of under exercise.  ( Listed are steps, body fat and sleep. )  How do I move steps from this area to the exercise area so they can be counted?   

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved problem for me. In the app as suggested go to steps in the menu. It was set to my old Microsoft health link from when I had my Microsoft Band. Even though I had removed the link in the connected apps section. Did a sync and steps and excercise from today in fit bit synced and showed correctly.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and I don't see a gear icon either

Best Answer
0 Votes