Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal not syncing steps or exercise from Fitbit Charge HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I enter food and exercise on MyFitnessPal, it syncs to my Fitbit. However, nothing syncs from my Fitbit to MyFitnessPal. I log all of my food on MyFitnessPal and it shows up on Fitbit as does exercises. But my step count is zero on MyFitnessPal (I have I over 12,000 steps to day) and my workouts from Fitbit don't show up on MyFitnessPal either. I've tried forcing a sync and unlinking then relinking my accounts and that has not worked either. Help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello, hello, @KeicoD@RTRaopiMan Happy It is nice to have you here. Confirm that you have followed the process correctly to reset the connection between MFP and your Fitbit account. By going to My applications on your online Dashboard settings and clicking on Revoke Access on the apps you'd like to reset their connection. (keep in mind that this can only be done using a computer)

After revoking the access, link the apps once again. To link MFP:

1. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  2. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  3. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  4. Follow the instructions provided.

If this doesn't work. Please get in contact with MFP customer service to check if they are experiencing some issue and that is why it is not working. 

Keep me posted please! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I have had the same problem with my Charge for the past several days, and I have also unlinked and relinked without success. This happened several months ago to many people, and we received notification that a fix was being implemented, and finally it was corrected. I thought it was just me this time, but in the past day or so, I have seen on MFP that there are others having this problem, too. I wish someone would let us know if this is a widespread problem or if there is something else that we should be doing.

Best Answer

Hello, hello, @KeicoD@RTRaopiMan Happy It is nice to have you here. Confirm that you have followed the process correctly to reset the connection between MFP and your Fitbit account. By going to My applications on your online Dashboard settings and clicking on Revoke Access on the apps you'd like to reset their connection. (keep in mind that this can only be done using a computer)

After revoking the access, link the apps once again. To link MFP:

1. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  2. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  3. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  4. Follow the instructions provided.

If this doesn't work. Please get in contact with MFP customer service to check if they are experiencing some issue and that is why it is not working. 

Keep me posted please! 

Best Answer

I have done this sooo many times without success. The problems started on 2/17/17. This is the last day that I got a Fitbit calorie adjustment on MFP. I did not do anything on that day to have caused this that I know of. The next day, my food diary information stopped coming to Fitbit after my breakfast entry. I started trying to revoke access and reconnect. Finally on 2/21, my food entries started coming again from MFP. My Fitbit steps and sleep were on the MFP reports page, but I got no calorie adjustment for Fitbit steps. I do not have the little blue circle with an "i" that I had prior to 2/17 on MFP exercise diary for the calorie adjustment.

I finally contacted MFP support. They said I probably had a bad token and was told to do these same old things again. I tried again without success and let them know. They replied that I needed to select FB as my steps tracker and told me where to go on their website to do that. I had already done that before, but again I went to the specified location on the website. I clicked on steps. It stated to choose a step tracking device. Below that were 2 boxes: 1. A blue box with a + sign and said add a device. The only thing I could do there was click on browse. From there it showed Fitbit was installed. Anything else I do there gives me the option of disconnect or buy. Buy took me to the Fitbit store.  2. A gray box with a circle with a line through that said do not track steps. I could not do anything with this choice. I tried to contact them again, but my e-mail was tagged as undeliverable.

In all my looking on both the FB and MFP community sections on my own before contacting MFP Support, I saw a screen shot of this page, and it showed Fitbit as a third box to choose on that page. I had noticed in the past that selecting Fitbit was not an option for me on that page. As I said before, my Fitbit steps and sleep do come through to MFP on the reports page. I just do not get the calorie adjustment.

I really like the MFP food diary, because I like to put in my recipes and get the nutritional information and they have a great food database. I would be content to just use MFP as a food diary only, but MFP and FB have worked so well together for me in the past.

I would not be as concerned, but I have an Alta that I bought long ago that I have never activated and a Charge 2 that I got for Christmas that I have never used. I currently use a Charge. I want to be able to use all 3 for different reasons. However, I am afraid to have to complicate matters further by adding 2 new devices to the mix.

Best Answer

Just an update on my problem with syncing - I never heard back from MFP support. I finally just accepted that since every suggestion I received on how to fix this did not work, I would just use MFP as "My Food Diary" and forget about the calorie adjustment. I went ahead and added the Alta to my account about a week ago and did have some problems with steps being wiped out, but learned how to get them back. However, still no calorie adjustment. Then, several hours ago, the fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP suddenly reappeared after being missing since the middle of February.

I did absolutely nothing for it to reappear, but then, I did absolutely nothing to make it disappear.

Best Answer

Hey, hey, @RTRaopi! It is nice to see you here. I'm so glad to hear that you have your calorie adjustment once again. It was probably an issue with MFP and it seems that they have fixed it. 

So everything is working as it should now?

Let me know! 🙂

Best Answer

Happily, yes! It's been working well for the past 10 days.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue and it has never worked properly for me. My steps show up in MFP if I go to checkin page, but I get no credit for them and exercise never shows up. I have tried the troubleshooting steps above and this has not fixed the problem. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

Hello, @RTRaopi! I'm glad to hear that you are back on track! 

Hey, hey, @KMEA! Welcome aboard! Hmmm... you can give the troubleshoot another try and if it doesn't work. I recommend you to contact MFP directly since this sounds like an issue on their side, maybe they can provide more troubleshoot.

Keep me updated! Man Wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

SoLange your comments are absolutely unhelpful. No point posting. Why don't you ask MFP to give users live updates on this bug? Having the same issue about exercise time not showing on MFP despite steps appearing. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem... started MyFitnessPal first and then bought a FitBit.  I had set it to use my phone for my steps when I first set it up, but didn't know to change it when I started using the FitBit.  This helped... https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16813846-not-tracking-my-steps-and-activity-...  

(Which says, "Hey thanks for posting your question. Sorry for the trouble with your fitbit integration. When we view the account we are seeing that the accounts have been relinked recently, however, fitbit has not been selected as the source for step tracking. Please open the Menu, select Steps, and click on fitbit to make it your source for step tracking. Then log a few hundred new steps with your tracker, and initiate a manual sync in fitbit, followed by another in MyFitnessPal.

Kind regards,
Logan
MyFitnessPal Staff"

Hope that helps!!

Best Answer
Will give it a try, thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello RTRaopi,

Since a year I have not used my fit bit for the same issues as you described. I too have done the various steps to resolve the issue sooo many times, that I am beyond frustrated. Myfitnesspal continues to show my iPhone as the connected device from which the steps are extracted. My fitbit does not appear on the list for "Choose a device. When I try and add a device, it indicates that my fitbit is already connected and selected. I have gone online and disconnected all accounts/devises from myfitnesspal. Nothing changes. I have disconnect my motion and fitness on my iPhone from myfitnesspay. Now nothing is tracking steps. Any advice?

Best Answer

I hope this helps. I just got my data to sync after having all the issues above. I opened MFP on the computer and went into Settings. Then under Account Settings I picked Diary Settings and scrolled down to Calorie Adjustment. I then clicked the box there and my steps imported. 

Best Answer

i am also having this problem. My fitbit blaze is not syncing or transmitting data to MYfitnesspal. WishI could correct it too!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @exnut@KayJohns and @plskil!

Thank you @KayJohns for sharing your solution to import the steps count from your Fitbit account.

@plskil and @exnut, keep in ind t your tracker is not the one that connects directly to MyFitnessPal. In this case the connection goes through your Fitbit Dashboard. So the first steps to make sure is that your tracker is sending your activity to your Dashboard.

If this is not the issue, the next steps is to review your accounts are connected. So in this case I would like to recommend to review the following post where I explain how to troubleshoot this issue. At the moment we have no reports from our end or from MFP that an issue is happening.

Hope this helps and I will visiting this thread later in case the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got the problem fixed by contacting "Hank" at myfitnesspal and followed the detailed instructions given. Ultimately, I had to remove and reinstall the Myfitnesspal app from my phone, but it worked. thanks all,

P
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @plskil, thank you for letting us know that you were able to resolved this issue. I'm glad to hear you are back on track.

See you later and keep participating in out Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your help
J

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer