Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal stopped syncing workouts to fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been using MFP to log workouts either at the gym or at the rink, and I really haven't been paying attention to the fitbit dashboard, but today I noticed that I haven't had a workout registered on fitbit since November 22 even though I'm adding workouts almost daily to MFP. I have disconnected the apps and re-synced but it's still not showing any workouts, including the time on the ice that I logged today.

It's not the end of the world if I can't get them to at least start syncing again, but now that I am aware that they are not syncing it is driving me nutz. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @thebestonice! I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

In this case, it's best if we link and unlink your MFP account from Fitbit. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to your Apps page and search at the middle right of the page for the apps you currently have linked.
  2. Select Fitbit tracker
  3. Click on Disconnect
  4. Log out of Fitbit and MFP. 
  5. Log back in
  6. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  7. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  8. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  9. Follow the instructions provided.

Also, please note that all food and water items must be logged through MFP and your steps, exercises, manual logs and other activities need to be logged through Fitbit; this will prevent any double logging or incorrectly increasing your caloric budget for the day. 

Let me know if you have any questions, happy holidays! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @thebestonice

Have moved your post from the Zip to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @thebestonice! I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

In this case, it's best if we link and unlink your MFP account from Fitbit. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to your Apps page and search at the middle right of the page for the apps you currently have linked.
  2. Select Fitbit tracker
  3. Click on Disconnect
  4. Log out of Fitbit and MFP. 
  5. Log back in
  6. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  7. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  8. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.
  9. Follow the instructions provided.

Also, please note that all food and water items must be logged through MFP and your steps, exercises, manual logs and other activities need to be logged through Fitbit; this will prevent any double logging or incorrectly increasing your caloric budget for the day. 

Let me know if you have any questions, happy holidays! Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I can't see food logged in on MFP in my fitness app (iOS). I have followed your steps.

Regards
Daniel Berntsson
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @81Daniel ! It's great to see you here. Smiley Happy

Back in april the MFP team encountered a problem when the Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments are not syncing to the MyFitnessPal accounts. They were aware of an issue affecting some members and still are looking into a fix for this issue.

The main suggestion is to make sure that you have Fitbit selected as your step source. To do so, please visit the Steps section of MFP and verify that they are indeed syncing in your Reports Page.

If you have verified that Fitbit is your step source but you're not seeing the steps or calorie adjustment on your Diary; let's unlink your MFP account from Fitbit once again and viceversa following these steps and then uninstall MFP from your mobile device. Reinstall and link again. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes