Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to integrate third party Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the new Skagen and Fossil smart watch now available will Fitbit ever link up with a proper watch company? Love my fitbit but would love it more if it actually looked like a proper watch. Do others feel the same?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi there @nedwobk, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community and thank you for your feedback. So far there are no plans to integrate the Fitbit app with other Smartwatches in the market since this is proprietary technology which is different from the options we offer.

In response as an alternative, we have released our newest tracker: The Fitbit Ionic which is our new smartwatch, which combines features of other Fitbit trackers proving our users a wide variety of options to track their daily exercise in addition to the features of a SmartWatch has to offer.

If you want to learn more about this alternative, please visit our web site: https://www.fitbit.com/ionic

Thank you for your feedback and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I agree 100%. I love the Fitbit activity tracking but the watch design is TERRIBLE. Please, please partner with Fossil for a smartwatch. Wearing a Fitbit in business setting really doesn't look great. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the response. I agree with other Fitbitters. Fit bit trackers are industrial looking. I would be the first to by a stylish Fitbit that I can wear in a prossional office. 

Best Answer

I agree completely.  I wear my Fitbit Charge 2 but have never liked the way it looks.  A watch that tracks heart rate and activity yet looks like a watch is my ideal.  I do not want a big screen on my wrist while at work or out for an evening  and would be happy to use the app on my phone to see the data generated by the watch.

Best Answer

The Iconic is too big and clunky and does not look like a watch.  My preference is for something like the new Fossil smartwatches that integrates with the Fitbit app and nothing else.  

Best Answer

Hello @Stanmsak.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with everyone.

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any question on the way that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Love that idea, but here is why fitbit won't do it  Their revenue come entirely from the wearable sales  In the third quarters they posted sales of $388M on 3.6 M units sold, just over $100 a unit.. If Fitbit allows third party integration of their software and community, they lose the sales, licensing likely wouldn't make. Up the difference.

I wish they made a 42mm Movado 800 series look-alike that was digital, but emulated analog. That's a gorgeous watch..

Best Answer

Back when Timex came out with the Ironman watch, I wore one because it tracked my activity the way I wanted it to.  That was 35 years ago.  The Fitbit is even less attractive than that.  So, I'll wear my Fitbit to sleep as it tracks heart rate and sleep patterns better than my new Fossil, but unless I'm sleeping or working out, my Fitbit goes in the drawer.  What a truly ugly watch.  It would be nice if someone figured out a way to integrate the two. 

The new Fossil watches are very attractive and have some pretty sweet features as well.

Best Answer

I tried to post a request to provide a sync with Fossil in the board and apparently my suggestion is unwanted.

Best Answer

I like the fitbit tracking, software and community so much, that I would be willing to pay a $150 licensing fee, basically the cost of their watch, to be able to wear a decent looking watch with third party integration. 

I'm tired of the digital hospital band! 

Best Answer

I completely get what you mean.  I do have a few Fossil watches (regular, hybrid, smart). The problem with these other watches that I have found is that the step counts are way off.   I’ve done a lot of testing to determine that my Fitbit is fairly accurate (not perfect).  My watches that track steps, are highly inaccurate.  So, to integrate both (when I want both), I use 3rd party Fitbit bands that look like bracelets.  There’s scads of them on amazon.  So, the Fitbit can look more like a bracelet and less like a tracker.  (There’s options for the flex, Alta and charge).  I’ve tried several different devices (but not everything) and I have yet to find one that does it all well and still looks like a classic timepiece or fashionable accessory.  

Best Answer

@Byrdman1047 wrote:

Love that idea, but here is why fitbit won't do it  Their revenue come entirely from the wearable sales  In the third quarters they posted sales of $388M on 3.6 M units sold, just over $100 a unit.. If Fitbit allows third party integration of their software and community, they lose the sales, licensing likely wouldn't make. Up the difference.

I wish they made a 42mm Movado 800 series look-alike that was digital, but emulated analog. That's a gorgeous watch..

You are correct, of course, but it's partly their own fault.   Look through the forums and see all the complaints they have yet to address.  After years and years.

The only thing they really have going for them is the app, and if they continue to ignore their customers with regards to bugs, dying hardware and missing features (such as managing community on your phone), even the app will eventually fail to hold enough people.

It will be easier for competitors to catch up on software than it would be to catch up on hardware.

Best Answer

The way it's going i can see Fitbit becoming the BlackBerry of this deca

Best Answer

That is so fitting of an analogy...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Designing time pieces isn't what fit bit is all about, so I would think they would never get into the analog watch game. That being said, they should create a smart watch band that you can turn any watch into a smart watch. This gives them a huge new market, and the potential to be on everyone's wrist.

Sony tried, but didn't catch on. Fitbit has the customer base to actually get traction and in their DNA to create something focused and amazing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same boring looking watch styles... Ugh😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

that would be good if they could intergrate them as my h band smath watch only works with my mobile which is annoying as it uses my credits every time i sync with it or want to look at information or join challanges.

I would if i just link it with fitbit so i can use blue tooth to down load information and use my tablet instead of my phone 😈😈😈😈😈😂😂😁😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, I would like a formal style Fitbit, but I hope it combines with Fossil at one point. 

Best Answer

Got my first Fitbit in December 2014. I’m now retiring my 5th or 6th device. The devices are not designed for longevity. I’ve got 6 years worth of data in a Fitbit profile that cannot be accessed by any other devices. Revenue focused, not customer focused. Aria scales are the same ordinary quality. 

Best Answer