Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peloton app integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to get my peloton and Fitbit to sync but it says I can't on my device. Help!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & Label

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Does ut normalize the Stats from the ride with the activity that Fitbit picks up while you’re riding? Another words, does it double count the rides with the metrics that are collected by the bike and buy the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out?  I use the app too- and can not figure it out!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I figured it out a while ago so hopefully this is the right information : You need to set it up on the bike itself in the software and then you’ll be able to share each work out. It doesn’t work by just using the app for Peloton you have to do the step on the bike itself.

Whenever I finish a peloton ride now it will listed in my daily tracker of activity In the fitbit app and it will say the name of the ride.
Best Answer
You didn't figure it out.  We don't have a Peloton Bike.  We only have the app and it doesn't support Fitbit.
Please read the posts thoroughly.
Best Answer

Hi AwesomeEric,

I was actually responding to ChristiJo.

And, that’s precisely how the integration works.  Sends the data for each ride to my fitbit App from the share button on the bike.  Shows The name of the peloton instructor, The name of the ride, speed distance, Heart rate if you use a monitor etc.  Only works if you have the bike though. When I use it this way I don’t put the watch on because it will double count the workout.

Best Answer

It looks as though this integration was built by peloton and not Fitbit which is probably why.  Although and I think I figured this out it was all brand new so maybe it wasn’t public knowledge in the Fitbit community.

Best Answer

Yes I don’t believe that the peloton app or

device has anything to do with it because the data comes from the bike via Bluetooth To the Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, the steps in the article seems to work only if you have the peloton bike. Looking for instructions to sync when you only have the peloton subscription for the workouts. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, the steps in the article seems to work only if you have the peloton bike. Looking for instructions to sync when you only have the peloton subscription for the workouts. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get instructions on how to connect the apps if your don’t have a peloton bike?

Best Answer
0 Votes
None found yet.
Best Answer

Eric - unfortunately if you do not have the Peloton bike, what you are trying to do, is not an option. I have been trying to do the same thing, but was told by Peloton Support you must have a Peloton bike to sync / share your workouts with the Fitbit App.

Best Answer

any Luck?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have heard nothing yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent explanation. But, there’s a problem.

What you explain is how I share stats from my Peloton ride with my Fitbit. These stats MOSTLY show in my Fitbit app: as an exercise (with calories, active minutes, cadence, resistance, even distance...pretty cool).

HERE’S THE PROBLEM: Distance traveled DOES NOT show on my Fitbit dashboard. Calories and active minutes transfer to the dashboard, but not distance (miles). How do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only if you have a Peloton bike, you can connect to Fitbit App as onetime (it will remember the next time whatever class you take) login.

All you need to do is after finishing your workout, click on 'share' and then connect to Fitbit

This need to be done just once. 

If you do not have Peloton Bike, it does not synchronize your workouts and you will have to use Fitbit Exercise options to reflect your workout.

Also, I am trying to find a good community for Peloton on Fitbit but was not able to find any. I created a group but it is a closed group and i can only invite people. Does anyone know about any community group that we Peloton users can join?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bringing this thread back. Anyone ever figure this out for app only users who use a different bike or tread? I have read all the comments. 

When I do a treadmill run or walk or spin class with the app I choose the treadmill or spinning activity on my Fitbit to get my stats. I would like to have my stats from my Fitbit activity sync with the Peloton app. TYIA! 

Best Answer
I don’t believe they have an integration for app only use.
Best Answer
0 Votes