Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peloton integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have been using my Fitbit for a few years and now and just bought a Peloton cycle. Great fun! One can sync the data from the Peloton bike via Strava to a Fitbit account, but some data gets lost. 

Would be great if one could sync data from a ride on the Peloton cycle right into the Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@BarneyFinn- When I was considering purchasing a Peloton Cycle I searched their site to see if it integrated with the Fitbit, and found this information:

You can pair your Peloton bike with any heart rate monitor that uses ANT+. Plus, you can also use Bluetooth 4.0 to pair your Peloton bike to your headphones or speakers.

The FitBit and Apple Watch do not currently have ANT+ built in, so you cannot directly track your heart rate on the Peloton bike using these devices. However, you can wear your smart watch/fitness tracker while you ride and have your metrics tracked separately.

So, it appeared to me from the information they provided, that there would not be a capability to interface the Fitbit to their system due to the use of ANT+ on the Peloton and not the Fitbit.

Best Answer

Larry,

as you pointed out, unfortunately you cannot use any current Fitbit as a sensor for the Peloton bike to measure your pulse.

My suggestion is going in the other direction: Fitbit should use the data generated by the Peloton bike (use the bike as a sensor) and integrate that data into the Fitbit software to track the workout and the parameters associated with it. 

Best Answer

That was added today!  🙂 

Best Answer

How? I added it from Peleton but see no data on my Fitbit dashboard 

Best Answer

Hmm - my issue is the opposite, I see double on there because of the strata integration I think? Did it have you log in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged into fitbit from the peloton. But when I go to my dashboard on my phone it says the peleton app isn't compatible.. do I need to have strava?

Best Answer

I don't think so, although you get a free two months of that if you own the bike, to check out. More info here, maybe this will help? https://cadence.pelotoncycle.com/new-peloton-x-fitbit-connect-your-accounts-to-stay-on-track/1567/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to get 2 entries, there is no indication what the source of the data is.  I do have Strava, but I don't recall connecting it with Fitbit, nor do I find anywhere to disconnect that.

I do wish Peloton would send the pulse data to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so do I need to download strava in order for it work??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't think so, it seems that Strava may be making a second entry into Fitbit, which I would like to stop, but I can't find where to do that.  I will disconnect it in the bike and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I get the metrics from my ride to my fitbit dashboard, why am I not getting my heart rate? I'm using an ant+ heartvrate monitor.  The only metrics I am getting is the distance and calories.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Whidbpny, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Despite Peloton is a supported integration, it depend of which information is shared across your accounts.

This information is from Peloton website and it might answer your concern. Every workout that is posted in your Fitbit account will be logged as an exercise and will include the length of your workout, distance and calories burned, giving you a full scope of how hard was your exercise.

However heart rate is not synced with the heart rate feature of your Peloton bikes at this time since depending of the model of your tracker this is tracked automatically and synced directly on your Fitbit Dashboard.

Hope this helps. See you until the next time!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes